Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 06:21:40 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 922130 times)

Jonathan

• Forum Member
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #5010 on May 29, 2020, 03:25:31 pm by Jonathan »
If the photos are real I think it’s imperative that he provides an explanation together with an apology. Those in public office are expected to observe the highest standards of behaviour. Just because he’s not in the governing party or responsible for setting the rules, it doesn’t exempt him from needing to set a good example. He has a big reach and influence and his actions are important.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #5011 on May 29, 2020, 03:25:52 pm by IDM »
A little bit of both, he has done wrong he has put people in danger by breaking social distancing and anyone who thinks Cummings should be sacked should feel the same way of corbyn unless it’s political, but my view is he has made a mistake and should stay in his job, I made the points as that’s what people baying for Cummings blood have being doing all week

Was Cummings “eye test” story a “mistake” or something he concocted to try and get off the hook.?

As I said before, if Corbyn was also to come out with some BS story, then he would deserve to be taken to task for that.

I don’t like Corbyn - IMHO it is mainly his fault that we have Johnson as PM now, so my point is certainly not political.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #5012 on May 29, 2020, 03:28:14 pm by IDM »
If the photos are real I think it’s imperative that he provides an explanation together with an apology. Those in public office are expected to observe the highest standards. Just because he’s not in the governing party or responsible for setting the rules, it doesn’t exempt him from needing to set a good example. He has a big reach and influence and his actions are important.

Agreed, you make good sense, but those in government and making the rules do have a greater responsibility.

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #5013 on May 29, 2020, 03:30:55 pm by Iberian Red »
Let’s all stand next to each other then if it’s not a rule,why not just say he should be fined and resign from the Labour Party, he could have given the guy he spoke to the virus who then goes home and gives it his family it is nothing short of reckless
What an absurd point. So could Cummings,so could that daft f@#k of a PM we have(the one that bragged about shaking hands).
However,you prefer to think a party in opposition is responsible. Not the f@#kwits that are in power!

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #5014 on May 29, 2020, 03:33:01 pm by IDM »
  The baying mob, let's see in a couple of months when them with the noise are no longer about.

Selby, please can you elaborate on what you meant in the above post.?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #5015 on May 29, 2020, 03:35:25 pm by Bentley Bullet »
A little bit of both, he has done wrong he has put people in danger by breaking social distancing and anyone who thinks Cummings should be sacked should feel the same way of corbyn unless it’s political, but my view is he has made a mistake and should stay in his job, I made the points as that’s what people baying for Cummings blood have being doing all week

Was Cummings “eye test” story a “mistake” or something he concocted to try and get off the hook.?

As I said before, if Corbyn was also to come out with some BS story, then he would deserve to be taken to task for that.

I don’t like Corbyn - IMHO it is mainly his fault that we have Johnson as PM now, so my point is certainly not political.
Cummings was being taken to task BEFORE he came out with that comment, so it didn't change the verdict of his accusers. Minds were made up by political bias, as views on this forum have endorsed.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #5016 on May 29, 2020, 03:40:01 pm by IDM »
Cummings is senior adviser to the PM, of course he was taken to task.!

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #5017 on May 29, 2020, 03:42:07 pm by Not Now Kato »

More of the latter than of the former I suspect.

Another couple of genuine questions.  Do you think that Cummings was right to confine his Son in a vehicle with two people suffering from CV-19 for over five hours?  Do you think that this fact alone was a risk to his Son's health? Did Corbyn have CV-19?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #5018 on May 29, 2020, 03:43:25 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
If that photograph is genuine and Corbyn has instigated that close approach, he is even more stupid than i had previously thought and he needs disciplining by the Labour party.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #5019 on May 29, 2020, 03:44:21 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Let’s all stand next to each other then if it’s not a rule,why not just say he should be fined and resign from the Labour Party, he could have given the guy he spoke to the virus who then goes home and gives it his family it is nothing short of reckless
What an absurd point. So could Cummings,so could that daft f@#k of a PM we have(the one that bragged about shaking hands).
However,you prefer to think a party in opposition is responsible. Not the f@#kwits that are in power!

Fascinatingly, when Johnson was bragging about shaking hands in a CV-19 ward and about seeing his mother on Mothers Day, BB never raised a muff about politicians setting examples.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #5020 on May 29, 2020, 03:46:29 pm by Bentley Bullet »

And Corbyn's role as the former leader of the opposition is not exactly an unimportant position!

I'll repeat, Cummings was being taken to task BEFORE he came out with that comment, so it didn't change the verdict of his accusers. Minds were made up by political bias, as views on this forum have endorsed.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #5021 on May 29, 2020, 03:48:20 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BB.

Balance of evidence. Cummings has previous.

I note that he was not once taken to task by you AFTER he said that...

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #5022 on May 29, 2020, 03:51:48 pm by Iberian Red »
BB.

There's an obvious reason. Lefties,snowflakes are all biased. However gammon is always true pork. You can't educate a pig.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #5023 on May 29, 2020, 03:53:53 pm by IDM »

And Corbyn's role as the former leader of the opposition is not exactly an unimportant position!

I'll repeat, Cummings was being taken to task BEFORE he came out with that comment, so it didn't change the verdict of his accusers. Minds were made up by political bias, as views on this forum have endorsed.

No one is saying that Corbyn isn’t in the shit here, but Cummings is deeper..

Cummings initial response to journalists when his story broke.?  Didn’t care what it looked like..

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #5024 on May 29, 2020, 04:02:03 pm by albie »
Cummings distraction strategy is working like a dream on here.

Use the situation to create a storm to deflect attention from the 63,000 deaths, with an excess way above the norm, due to repeated errors in preparation, policy and timing of interventions.

Next step....ease lockdown too early, and expect an upswing in the rolling total of infections in June.
Herd Immunity strategy still rules the roost, but without evidence of long term immunity, and no certainty of a vaccine in the near future.

So, second wave coming by the early autumn, which could be more serious than the first episode. Probably a weaker third wave in early 2021, if Spanish Flu gives a guide.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #5025 on May 29, 2020, 04:03:29 pm by albie »
Donny Wolf,

You asked about a timeline further up the thread.
https://medium.com/@ian_js/a-national-scandal-a-timeline-of-the-uk-governments-response-to-the-coronavirus-crisis-b608682cdbe

Awaits an update since May 16.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5026 on May 29, 2020, 04:08:09 pm by bpoolrover »
your just making your own story up lol, it has nothing to do with Johnson or Cummings m, corbyn is breaking social distancing rules end of

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #5027 on May 29, 2020, 04:10:23 pm by Iberian Red »
your just making your own story up lol, it has nothing to do with Johnson or Cummings m, corbyn is breaking social distancing rules end of
Really??
You are defending people in charge that have put you and your wife's life at risk,and blaming it on lefties.
Good luck with that boll@x.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5028 on May 29, 2020, 04:12:09 pm by bpoolrover »

Another couple of genuine questions.  Do you think that Cummings was right to confine his Son in a vehicle with two people suffering from CV-19 for over five hours?  Do you think that this fact alone was a risk to his Son's health? Did Corbyn have CV-19?
2nd question 1st corbyn could have the virus and be showing no symptoms just like many others, who knows? I wouldn’t have drove that far with my child in the car no unless no other option but this is not about Cummings, what I would like is the same uproar not just deciding which is worse due to which party you vote for, and the other person might have it and give it corbyn who then mixes with other people and gives it them
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 04:17:00 pm by bpoolrover »

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5029 on May 29, 2020, 04:12:53 pm by bpoolrover »
Really??
You are defending people in charge that have put you and your wife's life at risk,and blaming it on lefties.
Good luck with that boll@x.

but Jeremy corbyn has put people families at risk by not social distancing does that not bother you?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5030 on May 29, 2020, 04:25:51 pm by bpoolrover »
The police said they didn’t believe Cummings broke any social distancing so that means the only people he put in danger were his own family, any who breaks social distancing is putting everyone in danger as they can pass it on to people they don’t no who then keep passing it on

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #5031 on May 29, 2020, 04:36:32 pm by Bentley Bullet »
BB.

And so has Corbyn, with his attitude when he refused to answer if he would obey the isolation rules prior to their introduction.

I didn't offer any opinion on Cummings because I didn't want to get involved in him being used as a political football. I thought (wrongly) that once you and your lefty mates had put the ball into an empty, unguarded net that would be the end of it. Instead, he continues to be condemned as some sort of evil monster and is getting lambasted more than a child rapist, and all because of the desire to gain political smarty points.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #5032 on May 29, 2020, 04:36:50 pm by Jonathan »
The police said they didn’t believe Cummings broke any social distancing so that means the only people he put in danger were his own family, any who breaks social distancing is putting everyone in danger as they can pass it on to people they don’t no who then keep passing it on

That Cummings was able to socially distance and avoid contact on his family day out is a testament to the fact that others were observing the rules, staying at home and not flooding areas with tourists and visitors. He didn’t observe the rules. That he hasn’t even acknowledged or apologised for that is quite remarkable. I can only imagine it’s a result of legal advice alongside his reverse engineered statement. Otherwise it’s a matter of conscience. Either way it’s poor.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #5033 on May 29, 2020, 04:54:09 pm by Not Now Kato »

2nd question 1st corbyn could have the virus and be showing no symptoms just like many others, who knows? I wouldn’t have drove that far with my child in the car no unless no other option but this is not about Cummings, what I would like is the same uproar not just deciding which is worse due to which party you vote for, and the other person might have it and give it corbyn who then mixes with other people and gives it them

But Corbyn didn't have the virus, though both Cummings and his Wife not only did, the knew they did!  There's an immediate and fundamental difference.  Now that is not in anyway to excuse Corbyn, I've already stated that if what was reported about him was true then he should be censured by his party; but what Cummings knowingly did was totally inexcusable in any way shape of form.  His lies afterwards simply adds to his complicity!

You simply can't compare the two.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #5034 on May 29, 2020, 04:54:18 pm by Copps is Magic »
BB.

And so has Corbyn, with his attitude when he refused to answer if he would obey the isolation rules prior to their introduction.

I didn't offer any opinion on Cummings because I didn't want to get involved in him being used as a political football. I thought (wrongly) that once you and your lefty mates had put the ball into an empty, unguarded net that would be the end of it. Instead, he continues to be condemned as some sort of evil monster and is getting lambasted more than a child rapist, and all because of the desire to gain political smarty points.

You don't want to get involved with using Cummings as a political football.

But use Corbyn as a politcal football.

Interesting.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #5035 on May 29, 2020, 04:56:09 pm by Not Now Kato »

What Cummings did was against the rules, full stop.  Social distancing is a recommendation, (albeit a very good one), not a rule!

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5036 on May 29, 2020, 04:56:49 pm by bpoolrover »

But Corbyn didn't have the virus, though both Cummings and his Wife not only did, the knew they did!  There's an immediate and fundamental difference.  Now that is not in anyway to excuse Corbyn, I've already stated that if what was reported about him was true then he should be censured by his party; but what Cummings knowingly did was totally inexcusable in any way shape of form.  His lies afterwards simply adds to his complicity!

You simply can't compare the two.
how can you possibly no if corbyn has the virus? How can you no the guy he was stood next to does not have the virus?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5037 on May 29, 2020, 04:58:49 pm by bpoolrover »
The best bet is we could leave Cummings and corbyn debate alone now and debate something new?👍

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #5038 on May 29, 2020, 05:02:43 pm by Bentley Bullet »
BB.

You don't want to get involved with using Cummings as a political football.

But use Corbyn as a politcal football.

Interesting.
I didn't want to get involved at all but there's only so much hypocritical bullshit that a level headed guy like me can take.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #5039 on May 29, 2020, 05:03:21 pm by IDM »
Wishful thinking Bpool.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012