Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:34:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 861038 times)

normal rules

• Forum Member
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #14940 on December 13, 2021, 10:29:17 am by normal rules »
Anyone that gets covid from 15th dec is basically writing off Xmas as they would have to isolate for 10 days.  So no guests, friends, or family round for Xmas. That’s if they were playing by the rules of course.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14941 on December 13, 2021, 10:29:38 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
A bloke i know has 3 hernias and hasn't been able to function for about a year and half and is in pain. In addition, the hospital cannot fix the hernias in one procedure, therefore when one is done he still has to wait on the waiting list to get the others done.

Amazingly he isn't yet taking legal action.

I really don't understand why the Government couldn't have spent the last 20 months training up vaccinators and paying them per vaccine instead of dragging GP's away to do them and stopping hospital appointments so that staff can be deployed on the vaccine rollout.

Now we know where the billions went that the Tories gave the NHS a few months back. On vaccine rollout programme. The backlog of people waiting for treatment - which is what the money was supposed to be for - gets longer and gets worse.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14942 on December 13, 2021, 10:34:46 am by SydneyRover »
A friend (Oz) today couldn't get a convenient appt for a booster with her gp, went along to the chemist and got one straight away, Injections aren't rocket science, millions do their own at home for various medical reasons every day.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14943 on December 13, 2021, 10:54:17 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Anyone that gets covid from 15th dec is basically writing off Xmas as they would have to isolate for 10 days.  So no guests, friends, or family round for Xmas. That’s if they were playing by the rules of course.

I think this is why a lot of works do's and parties have been cancelled. Because they can't afford an outbreak and half the staff having to isolate and thus impacting the business.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14944 on December 13, 2021, 11:16:32 am by ravenrover »
The idiot will get Christmas out of the way first, put us in a much worse position before locking down too late yet again

So you want us to be locked down for Christmas?

If it saves a few thousand lives yes

Get ready for all this for the rest of your life then, because this virus is going nowhere.

The so called experts haven't a f*cking clue how to beat it.

There is no beating it. Which is why this endless obsession with 'slowing the spread' is b*llocks. Accepting the virus is the only way we get out of this, which we could today. There is no one set date when the pandemic is over. It can be over today if everyone is prepared to accept and live with the virus.

Dear CDH
Well perhaps some of us are not prepared to do nothing about this virus (not the same as not accepting it btw) as we don’t want our loved ones - and very vulnerable ones at that - to succumb to a killer virus and therefore not “live with the virus” - just like at least the 140,000 and counting so far who have not “lived” with the virus.

“There is no beating it” (or Scawsby’s “experts haven’t a clue” (expletive removed) - maybe, but based on science’s proven ability to beat / reduce previous diseases I will trust their expertise over time to do so.

In the meantime, vaccinations have reduced the potential for serious illness and death from this virus - to suggest that any responsible govt (and even this shower) would sit back, do nothing and let millions of it’s citizens die - just because of an “endless obsession” with a warped notion of “our freedoms being restricted” and that “nothing can be done” is, in my very humble opinion, ludicrous and naive.

If we applied that logic to the rest of society then civilisation would have collapsed centuries ago.

Regards
BVB

That second paragraph hits the nail right on the head, BVB. I've been on this Earth a long time, and had many vaccines, and they were all given to STOP people from catching the disease, and were successful.

Now we have a vaccine that DOESN'T stop people from getting the disease, but reduces the severity of the illness. So I don't blame people for getting their jabs, and I've had mine; but let's not delude ourselves that this is going to get rid of the virus. That ship has sailed, because every country in the world should have cancelled all flights in and out of China as soon as the virus ripped through Wuhan.

They didn't, and this is what we're stuck with.
The main problem with theory of isolating China was that we don't know when the virus took hold. I for one do not believe that the Chinese authorities informed the world as to when the virus actually let rip Some estimates say it was as early as August 2019, in that case the virus was already out there and out of control around the world before Jan 2020. Horse lock stable bolted?

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14945 on December 13, 2021, 11:19:26 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Yep.

If i didn't have Covid in December 2019, i'm a leprechaun.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14946 on December 13, 2021, 11:20:37 am by ravenrover »
Top o the mornin to ya

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14947 on December 13, 2021, 11:28:42 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Top o the mornin to ya

:lol: ;)

I accept people don't accept this but it was the most ill i've been in my life. Had fever and hallucinations for 2 days and then a cough every 2 minutes for 4 weeks and felt like a HGV was parked on my chest.  Nearly had to go to A&E but eventually it went away. End of November and through December 2019 it was, just before Covid which was an amazing coincidence that Covid emerged a few weeks later in China.

If Covid is worse than that then i'll be in hospital.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #14948 on December 13, 2021, 11:49:34 am by BillyStubbsTears »
South African doctor speaking on LBC yesterday said so far they had zero deaths from Omicron in a population with very low vaccination levels. She's at the front line so she should know. Why are we being subject to panic and mass hysteria? Something's not right.

They only identified Omicron 2-3 weeks ago. The average time from infection to death is ~20 days and 20 days ago, there were very few infections in South Africa.

Come back and see what the numbers are like by the end of the year.

auckleyflyer

• Forum Member
« Reply #14949 on December 13, 2021, 11:55:33 am by auckleyflyer »
CDH,
I'm the same if it wasn't COVID in Dec 19 I had I'm a Dutchman! Only time in my life iv been bed ridden.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14950 on December 13, 2021, 12:19:47 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
CDH,
I'm the same if it wasn't COVID in Dec 19 I had I'm a Dutchman! Only time in my life iv been bed ridden.

My mate was too. 45 years old and fit and it took him 3 months to feel like normal again. Worst he's been.

The good thing is that if this wasn't Covid, as flu and some other respiratory viruses are more deadly for the under 60's, we survived and Covid is not likely to be worse than that. Personally i feel it was Covid.

The Chinese did not just announce it to the world when the virus was first discovered in January 2020. The likelihood suggests that it was spreading for a while before that and eventually they knew that they had to inform the world.

Blood tests from patients in Italy, France, USA who were presenting into hospital into gradually increasing numbers in these countries with atypical flu like symptoms in October and November 2019 (ie fever and hacking cough) show Covid remnants.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14951 on December 13, 2021, 12:24:27 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
MSM now gorging on the news of the first UK death WITH Omicron. No details about age or comorbidities though which is par for the course.

Get ready for the running totals now of patients dying WITH Omicron in hospitals.

Least it will give Chris Whitty some actual data for his next presentation.

Next slide please. Get your boosters!

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #14952 on December 13, 2021, 12:25:10 pm by normal rules »
South African doctor speaking on LBC yesterday said so far they had zero deaths from Omicron in a population with very low vaccination levels. She's at the front line so she should know. Why are we being subject to panic and mass hysteria? Something's not right.

They only identified Omicron 2-3 weeks ago. The average time from infection to death is ~20 days and 20 days ago, there were very few infections in South Africa.

This could be what has the govt worried. The dynamic in SA is very different to here in 2 key areas.
 Firstly they are mid summer,  covid does not like hot weather. So it’s effect May be dampened. Which is a concern because it’s still rife.
Secondly it’s affecting younger population.

Over here we have winter conditions where virus proliferates.
Affected age groups are yet to be ascertained. But you can bet your next months wage pay,  it’s the elderly and vulnerable that will suffer.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #14953 on December 13, 2021, 12:28:57 pm by Axholme Lion »

This could be what has the govt worried. The dynamic in SA is very different to here in 2 key areas.
 Firstly they are mid summer,  covid does not like hot weather. So it’s effect May be dampened. Which is a concern because it’s still rife.
Secondly it’s affecting younger population.

Over here we have winter conditions where virus proliferates.
Affected age groups are yet to be ascertained. But you can bet your next months wage pay,  it’s the elderly and vulnerable that will suffer.

So why put restrictions on the entire population? Anyone who can should be at work. We can't run the country around the management of the NHS.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #14954 on December 13, 2021, 12:41:34 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Well, it's finally caught up with our house. Both my kids have tested +ve. The second one, even before we'd reported the +LFT result, had received a text from Test & Trace, instructing him to isolate. Which only happens if you have, or have been in contact with, someone with Omicron. So I'm guessing someone in his class has tested +ve for Omicron. And I guess there's a strong possibility that's what he has.

Been nice knowing you folks. I'm expecting not to last the week.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14955 on December 13, 2021, 12:45:02 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Well, it's finally caught up with our house. Both my kids have tested +ve. The second one, even before we'd reported the +LFT result, had received a text from Test & Trace, instructing him to isolate. Which only happens if you have, or have been in contact with, someone with Omicron. So I'm guessing someone in his class has tested +ve for Omicron. And I guess there's a strong possibility that's what he has.

How does that work Billy? The test and trace thing when it comes to kids and close school contacts? It used to be the school that identified close contacts but now i believe it is now all done through test and trace. I still don't get how it works.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #14956 on December 13, 2021, 12:49:36 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
CDH.
I don't know. We've just been instructed that he had to self isolate, before we'd recorded his +be test. So that must mean he's been in contact with an Omicron case.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14957 on December 13, 2021, 12:49:50 pm by wilts rover »
A friend (Oz) today couldn't get a convenient appt for a booster with her gp, went along to the chemist and got one straight away, Injections aren't rocket science, millions do their own at home for various medical reasons every day.

Just been a similar story on the radio over here. Bloke (who had not yet had a letter) took his mrs (who had recieved her letter) to get her booster. Whilst there he was asked if he wanted one as they had plenty spare. So he did.

However as he had no letter, booking no or NHS No, he is not recorded anywhere as having had it. Thus he can't get a vaccine passport should he ever need it. Nor can he go for another booster as this has not yet been declared safe. Fine if you don't need those things, but...

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14958 on December 13, 2021, 12:51:34 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
CDH.
I don't know. We've just been instructed that he had to self isolate, before we'd recorded his +be test. So that must mean he's been in contact with an Omicron case.

Right. So your kids have an app and through this app they were instructed to self isolate but from NHS and not the school?

Just wondering what happens when kids or parents don't have the apps?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #14959 on December 13, 2021, 12:55:35 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
No. They don't have the app.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #14960 on December 13, 2021, 01:00:19 pm by Ldr »
Stay well Billy

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14961 on December 13, 2021, 01:03:07 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
No. They don't have the app.

Thanks Billy.

I'm still none the wiser how it all works though.  :lol: Hopefully i won't get to find out.

Hope you don't get ill anyway Billy.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #14962 on December 13, 2021, 01:03:19 pm by normal rules »
Ditto what LDR said.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14963 on December 13, 2021, 02:41:35 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Statement from pathetic weak puppet Sajid Javid this afternoon at 4.15pm. Wonder what that will be about? Boosters maybe? More unnecessary curtailments of our civil liberties maybe?

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #14964 on December 13, 2021, 04:22:03 pm by Metalmicky »
Only 38 deaths today - that must be the lowest for a while...?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #14965 on December 13, 2021, 04:34:55 pm by Bentley Bullet »
a decrease of 5 compared to the previous 7 days.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14966 on December 13, 2021, 04:39:07 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
This is insanity now.

The survival rate for Covid at it's worst is over 99.5% and this is for people of all ages and all co-existing illnesses and without a vaccine.

They are pushing vaccines as though they are 100% needed for survival for everyone. Perspective and rational thought was lost a long time ago with much of the populace.

Be feckin hamsters getting it next.

Massive queues reported in some areas causing traffic chaos. All because the PM said get a booster the other day.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2021, 04:41:12 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #14967 on December 13, 2021, 04:52:59 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
a decrease of 5 compared to the previous 7 days.

deaths have been steady at around 120/day for a fortnight, even while new cases have been going up. That was becasue the new cases were mainly in younger people a month or so ago.

But the new cases are now rising in older age groups. Daily hospitalisations are now rising steadily. And the one correlation that has held firm throughout this epidemic is that when the hospitalisation numbers change, the daily deaths start changing a week or so later. Which means it's very likely that the daily deaths are going to start ticking upwards from this week. Not dramatically, but steadily. And when they do, the question is fast will they rise?

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #14968 on December 13, 2021, 04:56:19 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

How does that work Billy? The test and trace thing when it comes to kids and close school contacts? It used to be the school that identified close contacts but now i believe it is now all done through test and trace. I still don't get how it works.

Mix of the two. Test and trace will ask you and ask the school etc.  It was well publicised but test and trace when I had covid were constant and very effective, too effective for my liking.  I wanted to sleep not be reminded I couldnt leave the house.

Best of luck BST. You may get lucky, I've plenty colleagues who's kids were positive and they escaped it.  Those pesky vaccines....

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #14969 on December 13, 2021, 05:03:23 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Cheers BFYP. I suspect I'll be fine, having had the booster 4 weeks back. A little more worried for y wife who only had it yesterday.

it's been surprisingly rough on my eldest. By a long way the worst flu-like symptoms he's ever had. Knocked him flat for 2-3 days and he had a couple of nights of barely sleeping due to a bad cough. Plus he said he had, not exactly dizzy spells, but more sudden moments where he felt  off-balance and didn't know where he was for a few seconds. Certainly seemed worse than the standard "kids will only get a bit of a snuffle" idea.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012