Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:06:05 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brexit Negotiations  (Read 307007 times)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: Brexit Negotiations
« Reply #1440 on June 11, 2018, 09:36:43 pm by RedJ »
"Let them go"? they don't want to go, what a stupid remark.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #1441 on June 12, 2018, 11:12:30 am by selby »
   RJ, it's not a new idea, and the Romans did it with a wall he he. When the oil goes there is nothing worth keeping, and the locals don't like us.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #1442 on June 12, 2018, 11:55:23 am by RedJ »
I suppose you missed that referendum they had where they voted to remain part of the United Kingdom then? you can't just cut them adrift and f**k them off cos we can't use their stuff anymore. That attitude is precisely why some of them hate us English. :laugh:

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #1443 on June 12, 2018, 03:43:06 pm by Not Now Kato »
   RJ, it's not a new idea, and the Romans did it with a wall he he. When the oil goes there is nothing worth keeping, and the locals don't like us.

You don't like Single Malt then?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #1444 on June 12, 2018, 05:50:32 pm by selby »
  Yes,the Welsh version.

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1445 on June 13, 2018, 08:52:06 am by German Rover »
  Yes,the Welsh version.

Pendaryn? Lovely single malt that

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #1446 on June 13, 2018, 12:34:09 pm by selby »
  That's the one, I also have a very good English one I think is brewed in Norfolk, I will have to hunt it out for the name.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #1447 on June 14, 2018, 09:03:50 am by selby »
  Chapter 16 from the old English Brewery in Norfolk, I think I will have a tasting while watching the game tonight.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1448 on June 14, 2018, 09:53:08 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Meanwhile, yet another negative result of Brexit.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-44474569

But hey, never mind eh? Some minister that no one has ever heard of says that even when we get booted out of the efficient and effective EU Sat-Nav system, “we are a proud and confident nation and will be looking at all alternatives.”

Which, when translated from the original Little Englander Bullshit, means, “f**k! That’s another £5bn we’re going to have to find to build our own Sat-Nav system when there was a perfectly good one developed by the EU which, because the costs were shared across 27 nations, we could have used at a fraction of the price. Still, we took back control, eh?”

« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 01:38:04 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #1449 on June 14, 2018, 11:24:41 am by MachoMadness »
It's those little details that make you think that maybe, just maybe, the people in charge of this shitshow don't have a f**king clue what they're doing.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #1450 on June 14, 2018, 01:06:57 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
So this is why the Government give the impression of going in all directions at once but never getting anywhere..!

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #1451 on June 14, 2018, 07:04:22 pm by selby »
  Eu growth forecast cut from 2.7 to 2.4  Inflation forecast up from 1.4 to 1.7 value of the euro down, but hey that news can be forgotten.
  And still they carry on with Quantitative Easing. Yeh everything is rosy over there.
   Meanwhile in La  La land over the Atlantic things look very rosy.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #1452 on June 14, 2018, 07:17:55 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
  Eu growth forecast cut from 2.7 to 2.4  Inflation forecast up from 1.4 to 1.7 value of the euro down, but hey that news can be forgotten.
  And still they carry on with Quantitative Easing. Yeh everything is rosy over there.
   Meanwhile in La  La land over the Atlantic things look very rosy.

Compared to our actual growth rate of 2.3% and actual inflation rate of 2.3%? Yeah, they're in the shit alright!

And the La La Land has growth of 2.2% and inflation of 2.8%!

I'd have thought you'd want to keep that news forgotten!

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #1453 on June 14, 2018, 07:36:53 pm by selby »
Glyn, both the GB and the USA have announced improved figures of late without QE, the EU are still printing money to support the economy.
  The tariff situation is no good to anybody, but is one that the EU cannot win, and Trump knows it, and it is at a time the EU are on the back foot.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #1454 on June 14, 2018, 08:22:17 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Is UK GDP flatlining at 0.1% growth for the first quarter one of the improved figures that has been announced?

Even so, it's amazing how the EU figures are still better than those of the UK and US...and that after quantative easing! How much better would they have been without it??
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 08:24:21 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1455 on June 14, 2018, 08:33:51 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Selby

Points of fact.

1) We still have massive QE here in the UK.
https://m.uk.investing.com/economic-calendar/boe-qe-total-665

2) I don’t know where you get your news from, but your claim that we have posted improved economic figures recently could not be further from the truth.

http://www.cityam.com/286429/uk-gdp-suffers-worst-rate-growth-six-years

3) Our recent economic performance, since the Brexit vote, has been nothing short of appalling, compared to that of the EU.
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.uk.businessinsider.com/the-uk-economy-grew-slower-than-europe-for-the-first-time-since-2010-2018-2

4) Yes, the EU economy is not currently growing as quickly as it did in 2017. But their 2.4% growth rate is more than double ours. This means that, in the two years since the vote, we’re about £100bn poorer as a nation than we would have been if our growth had matched that of the EU (which it was doing in 2016).

Just read those points. Take them in. Think about them. They are all verifiable facts. Personally, they scare the f**king shite out of me. I assume they would do the same to anyone who really thinks about them.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1456 on June 14, 2018, 08:37:08 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Is UK GDP flatlining at 0.1% growth for the first quarter one of the improved figures that has been announced?

Even so, it's amazing how the EU figures are still better than those of the UK and US...and that after quantative easing! How much better would they have been without it??

And even THAT level of growth is only due to the fact that the working population is still growing. If you take that into account, our GDP growth per head, which is what really matters, was negative in the last quarter. While the rest of the world is going through a boom, we’re actually getting poorer per capita.

Who could have predicted that, eh?

Apart from...let me think...every f**ker on the planet who thought about it apart from Johnson, Gove and Farage.

Still. We took back control, eh?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1457 on June 15, 2018, 12:08:05 am by bpoolrover »
Bit off topic, but wondered if anyone who voted yes would change there vote? They have done it on a couple of messageboards of late and have found 1 maybe and no1 that has said they would, speaking to mates ive also not found anyone either.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1458 on June 15, 2018, 12:11:06 am by BillyStubbsTears »
What do you mean by “yes”?

Yes to remain or yes to leave?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1459 on June 15, 2018, 12:13:10 am by SydneyRover »
When large listed companies make forecasts of growth and put down plans for the future not only for their shareholders but for the stock exchange and economists, when they sit down to discuss this and look at where the next growth phase will come from and what they have to do to achieve it, what will they think?. Wow Britain is well placed, under stable management and ready to take on the world or will they be thinking what the f**k is going on who's in charge and do they have a map? Should we risk it and stay here or hop across the channel and take a punt there?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #1460 on June 15, 2018, 12:45:30 am by Bentley Bullet »
It might be bit dodgy taking a punt across the channel.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #1461 on June 15, 2018, 08:32:47 am by selby »
  Unemployment in the single currency countries is at twice the level in the UK, and higher in the under 25 year olds according to a report published yesterday.
  Bpoolrover I would now change my vote from staying in in the original vote. Earlier on in this thread myself and Billy discussed it months ago.
   I have my opinion, but admire and respect Billy and the other posters who think differently to me, it's their right to have their opinion, they put it over well, and debating the big issues is the right thing to do, if it can be done in the right manner.
  This board and the Barnsley Bulletin Board has the best debates, probably because of the makeup of the area we are from, The Bulletin Board and ours have the best comedy posts as well.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #1462 on June 15, 2018, 09:10:30 am by hoolahoop »

Not been on for a while, I see you still write the most ridiculous comments though  - just f**k off part of the Union because they have outlived their usefulness do we do that with N.Ireland too ? In the dark recesses of your mind, I'm sure you have other areas of the UK you are ready to hive off too the South West, the North East perhaps even dare I say it Yorkshire ?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1463 on June 15, 2018, 10:59:43 am by bpoolrover »
What do you mean by “yes”?

Yes to remain or yes to leave?
sorry bst, yes to leave, I know some people say have another vote but I have a feeling it would be the same outcome

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1464 on June 15, 2018, 11:42:26 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Bpool

Thepoint about a second vote (which we should have, but we won’t) is that back in 2016, no one who voted Leave had any idea what they were actually voting for.

That’s not having a go at Leave voters. It’s just a fact that there are a million and one different forms of Brexit. Back in 2016, Farage was saying that we should have an arrangement like Norway. That sounded like not such a bad idea. Bin sure many Leave voters agreed with him. But Nirway has freedom of movement of people from the EU, and is in the Single Market. May has decided that we will NOT have freedom of movement and will not stay in the Single Market.

As I say, there are many different ways we could split from the EU. Some would hardly make a difference. Some would make a massive change. There is no such thing as a single form of “Brexit”. So, it seems perfectly reasonable to have a second vote next year, when we know what form of Brexit has finally been agreed.

Here’s a couple of questions for you. Why did YOU vote to Leave? What did YOU think our relationship with the EU would be after we left? What effect did YOU think that leaving would have on our economy?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1465 on June 15, 2018, 12:17:52 pm by bpoolrover »
Thanks for reply bet, I'm not going to get into the main reason I voted leave as I'm not very good at getting my point across on a message board and will prob be called racist,which I'm not I would and will happily chat at a game 1 day thou, as far as the economy goes it will make little if any difference to me what happens in fact any low earning workers will find the same, mark carney reckons on average people are 980 pound worse off since the vote, ive yet to find 1 person in my large circle of friends that has noticed any difference and I'm sure that will continue,as far as the relationship with the eu goes once we have left and the games stop I'm sure it will benifit all parties to have the best relationship possible as in the end to most people money talks

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1466 on June 15, 2018, 12:30:14 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Bpool

No one has noticed any difference.

That is PRECISELY the point. The rest of the world has had a nice little boom over the past 2 years. We are the only leading economy who has seen our economic growth decline during that time. The rest of the world has been getting significantly richer. We haven’t. We’ve stood still. That’s exactly the point.

We’ve been desperate for a boom since the Great Recession. Everyone has seen wages stagnate and understandably, people are pissed off with it. We had that chance over the past two years, but our economy has slipped because of the Brexit vote.

Overall, we’ve lost about £60-100bn of economic growth over the past two years. That’s where the £1000 per person that Carney talks about comes from. It’s not that you’re poorer than you were. It’s that you should have been that much richer.

You who voted for Brexit have voted to miss out on that increase in wealth. And the economic projections (from people who very accurately predicted the slowdown over the past two years) is that this is not going to improve over the foreseeable future. The projections are that by the mid-2020s, we’ll have lost somewhere north of £5000 of growth for every man, woman and hold in the country.

If you’re happy with the country losing out on that amount of wealth ten you’re a more relaxed man than me. I am f**king livid about it.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1467 on June 15, 2018, 12:39:13 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
So anyway. You’ve kind of answered my question Bpool. You expected that there would be little economic difference for us whether we stayed or left.

But there IS a massive economic difference. And it’s happening NOW. And it’s going to continue happening for the foreseeable future.

Now, there IS a way for us to come up with a Brexit that minimises these negative effects. It’s very simple. We stay inside the Single Market and the Customs Union. There is not a single serious analyst who thinks we can do better than that.

So, if you are assuming that money will talk and they’ll come up with the best deal to minimise the problems, presumably you expect us to stay in the SM and CU?

So, here’s the obvious question. Let’s assume you’ve got a Prime Minister who knows all this, but who is only clinging onto power by her fingernails because the majority of her MPs want a harder Brexit, even if that will hurt the economy. So she negotiated a Brexit that takes us out of the SM and CU to satisfy them. Even though she and every other person who looks at this issue knows that this will hit our economy hard.

What do you think then? Would that be the Bre it that you voted for?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #1468 on June 15, 2018, 03:43:54 pm by selby »
 Hoola, Westminster, and make all the MP's go with it, by the way where do you live?
   You take things too seriously, I don't even have to bait the hook.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #1469 on June 15, 2018, 05:32:41 pm by RedJ »

Not been on for a while, I see you still write the most ridiculous comments though  - just f**k off part of the Union because they have outlived their usefulness do we do that with N.Ireland too ? In the dark recesses of your mind, I'm sure you have other areas of the UK you are ready to hive off too the South West, the North East perhaps even dare I say it Yorkshire ?

I'd f**k the Lancastrians off in a heartbeat if we could, to be fair. :laugh:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012