Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 11:48:05 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 854366 times)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #16560 on July 26, 2022, 11:26:11 pm by SydneyRover »
Three of them hinting at that but none of them (or is that noone) brave enough to say it.

No wonder he's a hermit!

I sometimes wonder what would be worse having covid symptoms fir a week or a really needy person trying to be your friend

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #16561 on July 27, 2022, 06:32:13 am by drfchound »
Three of them hinting at that but none of them (or is that noone) brave enough to say it.

No wonder he's a hermit!

I sometimes wonder what would be worse having covid symptoms fir a week or a really needy person trying to be your friend

You are unlikely to experience the second one.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #16562 on July 27, 2022, 09:59:45 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Nudga do you take any medication at all?  I struggle to see how these vaccines differ to any others or any other form of medication.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16563 on July 27, 2022, 11:03:00 am by adamtherover »
Well after avoiding cv19 all this time, finally got it last week. Fairly mild symptoms, aside from even tho I'm now clear, I've been left with a constant headache. From morning till night, as if I've had 8 pints ffs..  apparently its a regular after effect..  doesn't make it any easier. :-(

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #16564 on July 27, 2022, 11:10:55 am by Nudga »
Nudga do you take any medication at all?  I struggle to see how these vaccines differ to any others or any other form of medication.

No I don't, just vitamins zinc and cbd oil

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16565 on July 28, 2022, 08:08:32 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Well after avoiding cv19 all this time, finally got it last week. Fairly mild symptoms, aside from even tho I'm now clear, I've been left with a constant headache. From morning till night, as if I've had 8 pints ffs..  apparently its a regular after effect..  doesn't make it any easier. :-(

If you only got it last week you're still in it, these aren't "after effects". Just like with flu, generally speaking two weeks is a minimum for recovery, 3 or 4 weeks more normal. After that you will be seeing "after effects". Fingers crossed the headache shifts soon.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #16566 on August 12, 2022, 04:55:06 am by Nudga »
Well if covid isn't causing excess deaths, what could it be? Probably climate change.

https://twitter.com/statsjamie/status/1557835908434595845?t=ha6tJaU_Sq4lFer9cV2s_g&s=19

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16567 on August 12, 2022, 07:32:07 am by Sprotyrover »
All of the Wokes on here who think it’s clever to let folk into the UK originating from countries with no health care should really consider the impact they have on our NHS and other services!

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #16568 on August 12, 2022, 08:36:13 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
All of the Wokes on here who think it’s clever to let folk into the UK originating from countries with no health care should really consider the impact they have on our NHS and other services!

Like erm doctors and nurses?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16569 on August 12, 2022, 02:46:00 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Well if covid isn't causing excess deaths, what could it be? Probably climate change.

https://twitter.com/statsjamie/status/1557835908434595845?t=ha6tJaU_Sq4lFer9cV2s_g&s=19

Covid hospital admissions were at a much lower peak than before.
https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/healthcare

So yep, MUST be the weather, that and so many weaker folks with lung damage from covid.

Unless there's been some other factor that large amounts of the population have been effected by??

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16570 on August 12, 2022, 05:32:39 pm by Sprotyrover »

You think it's ok to steal medical staff from Third world countries do you?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #16571 on August 12, 2022, 07:46:41 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #16572 on August 13, 2022, 04:42:17 am by Nudga »

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #16573 on August 27, 2022, 12:05:29 pm by Nudga »
So we've got gardening, making your bed, falling asleep watching TV, referees whistles and now......drinking milkshakes.

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/health/1657457/blood-clots-risk-high-fat-milkshake-heart-attack

Anything but the clotshot.

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #16574 on September 02, 2022, 07:24:40 am by no eyed deer »
So with inflation going through the roof and the world in recession... was locking  down still the right idea?

It's a good job Russia did invade, given this government breathing space...everything can be blamed on that.

This government is not sleep at the wheel, they F@cked off ages ago.

Panda

• Forum Member
« Reply #16575 on September 02, 2022, 09:18:16 am by Panda »
Yes. This is 100% the result of lockdowns but the politicians and public 'servants' always say it is because of the Covid pandemic.

No. We are suffering now due to irrational and criminal decisions made by politicians in response to the Covid pandemic. The pandemic didn't cause the issues today.

As for the Ukraine war. It is a convenient excuse and a brilliant get out clause for politicians and businesses to take the mickey.

Apparently everything comes from Ukraine now. Tinned fish i notice has gone up in price (along with everything else) at my local supermarket. Must be the Ukraine war even though the fish comes from Ecuador?

No other country produces foodstuffs and products now apparently. Just Ukraine. Therefore supermarkets and shops can just put prices up and blame Ukraine. Job done. We get ripped off.

I don't buy Covid as an excuse nor the Ukraine war. In reality, these issues have been caused by people unable to do their jobs properly. A bit like the bankers in the banking crisis. They make errors and we all pay for them.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #16576 on September 02, 2022, 09:31:59 am by Colin C No.3 »

No, families flying in from Pakistan with elderly relatives with health issues who then seek care from the NHS.

The NHS charges them for any treatment they receive but have no infrastructure in place to recover any unpaid bills, which are in the majority & some.

I was a Customs Officer for 13 years while my wife worked as a Senior Accountant in the NHS so we saw what was happening at ‘both ends’.

I won’t get started on how many ‘overstayed’ their visa’s & then disappeared into their ‘communities’.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2022, 09:35:37 am by Colin C No.3 »

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #16577 on September 02, 2022, 09:38:37 am by Nudga »
Very quiet in here from those who were shouting loudest about excess deaths.

Where's your exponential outrage now?
https://twitter.com/statsjamie/status/1565039717753700353?t=_YQXx3yhqZv95VHZGrY_9Q&s=19

Panda

• Forum Member
« Reply #16578 on September 02, 2022, 09:44:26 am by Panda »

No, families flying in from Pakistan with elderly relatives with health issues who then seek care from the NHS.

The NHS charges them for any treatment they receive but have no infrastructure in place to recover any unpaid bills, which are in the majority & some.

I was a Customs Officer for 13 years while my wife worked as a Senior Accountant in the NHS so we saw what was happening at ‘both ends’.

I won’t get started on how many ‘overstayed’ their visa’s & then disappeared into their ‘communities’.

Had a hospital appointment recently at Cambridge Addenbrooke's and they had signs all over the place reminding patients about their eligibility for free NHS care. I even got a volley of questions when i booked in at the clinic about my entitlement to NHS care etc which surprised me as i've not ever been asked these before.

I've not seen the signs before either and i've been to Manchester and a few other hospitals in the last couple of years. Maybe they are trying to clamp down on health tourism which would be a start. Or maybe Cambridge is a hotspot for people trying to get free healthcare when they aren't even eligible?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2022, 09:46:29 am by Panda »

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #16579 on September 02, 2022, 11:20:26 am by i_ateallthepies »
Or maybe as a hospital with bigger budget they can afford extra signage?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16580 on September 02, 2022, 11:29:51 am by SydneyRover »
We've been here before with the costs of deliberate health tourism, it works out around 0.3 of 1% of the NHS budget, hardly worth the effort of chasing it down.

Panda

• Forum Member
« Reply #16581 on September 02, 2022, 12:06:02 pm by Panda »
Or maybe as a hospital with bigger budget they can afford extra signage?

Maybe. I'd be pissed off though as nurse paid peanuts if they were wasting extra budgetary finances on nonsense like that.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #16582 on September 02, 2022, 12:10:48 pm by Ldr »
We've been here before with the costs of deliberate health tourism, it works out around 0.3 of 1% of the NHS budget, hardly worth the effort of chasing it down.

Still around 300million a year

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16583 on September 02, 2022, 12:15:24 pm by SydneyRover »

Less costs and bother of chasing up debt from those that can't pay anyway

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #16584 on September 02, 2022, 12:17:56 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Compare it to tax evasion...

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #16585 on September 02, 2022, 01:34:57 pm by Ldr »

Doesn’t make it right does it?

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #16586 on September 02, 2022, 02:20:59 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Sydney. If you see a shark coming towards you in ‘attack mode’, can you frighten it off by hitting it on its nose?

I believe a sharks nose is very sensitive. A bit like a man’s knackers.

Thank you.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #16587 on September 02, 2022, 02:24:59 pm by Ldr »

Less costs and bother of chasing up debt from those that can't pay anyway

NHS chases the government of the country for payment as a rule of thumb

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #16588 on September 02, 2022, 02:48:22 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

No, but it's about priorities. Do you put your effort into dealing with £35bn/year tax fraud mainly by wealthy individuals? OR do you prioritise A figure less than 1% of that, taken by immigrants?

Ideally of course, you do both. But if you had to choose, because there are limited resources?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #16589 on September 02, 2022, 03:22:02 pm by Bentley Bullet »

No, but it's about priorities. Do you put your effort into dealing with £35bn/year tax fraud mainly by wealthy individuals? OR do you prioritise A figure less than 1% of that, taken by immigrants?

Ideally of course, you do both. But if you had to choose, because there are limited resources?
Is that less than 1% just the ones that have been caught?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012