Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:38:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: An alternative view - corona virus  (Read 16632 times)

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
Re: An alternative view - corona virus
« Reply #90 on May 01, 2020, 08:46:46 pm by Copps is Magic »
Nudga.

Is it or is it not a fact that death rates are going up astronomically all round the world?

If you accept that, there are two possibilities.

1) There is a global pandemic causing mass deaths. The sort of thing that has happened regularly throughout history.
2) Something else is causing it and the leaders and scientists of every country in the world are engaged in a huge conspiracy to lie to us.

As for the quote of mine that you noted, it was poorly written. What I meant was to some extent it doesn't matter if every single cause of death is recorded accurately. Not if you are asking the question I just set out in this post.

You've just worded that differently. Why doesn't it matter if deaths aren't recorded accurately?
It's falsifying records, not sure how you can dress it up.
You scream blue murder for accuracy in your arguments.

Its been posted on this forum a few times now, and has been in the news as a result. Even in 'normal' time deaths are not registered with exact precision, as single causes. It just insn't like that. You would need triangulation from a coroner's report, doctor, post-mortem (even then it might be conclusive - my uncle died randomly in the kitchen one day and the cause was inconclusive). In most cases they rely on a doctor filling in a death certificate. The doctor is often imbued with imperfect knowledge and has to make a profressional judgement. Then, there are multiple aspects (underlying conditions etc.) listed on the certficate. There is no, one single reason listed.

For your claim of 'falsifying' records you would need systematic corruption among pretty much every doctor in the country.

Its really just an imperfect system and humans trying to make the best of it.

Perhaps turn your energies into something productive.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on May 01, 2020, 11:03:35 pm by Nudga »
Perhaps turn your energies into something productive

What, like working night shifts and trying to salvage my business.
Condescending prick.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 07:03:06 am by Nudga »

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on May 02, 2020, 12:11:38 am by Copps is Magic »
I'll take that on the chin.

I've worked plenty of night shifts.

Look, I think people have actually been extremely polite to you on this thread. You're suggesting doctors are systematically falsifying death certificates. If calling you out on that gets an insult in return, as I say, I'll take it.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #93 on May 03, 2020, 08:45:50 am by Donnywolf »
Wow that is a catalogue of misfortune.

I am watching from a distance and the NHS Staff (I have 2 in my close family) seem to be doing a great job. It is what I expect because you wouldnt go into it surely if you didnt care as it must be a challenging thing to do without the added "fright" of this potentially deadly virus waiting for you each shift

I hope when this is all over the NHS Staff will be remembered for "eternity" and valued - yes monetary wise - for the same eternity. They deserve it period

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on May 03, 2020, 10:27:11 am by Copps is Magic »
Agreed Wolfy. I just read this morning that more NHS staff have died in the last few weeks than died in the first five years of the war in Iraq. They should be honoured. It all amounts to nothing though, unless the ones currently working aren't honoured with the right pay, equipment, and respect from the public.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on May 05, 2020, 09:34:52 pm by Nudga »

😂😂😂 You couldn't make it up, the guy who modelled half a million deaths brings someone else's slag home to stir the porridge.
https://twitter.com/allisonpearson/status/1257736745103351808?s=19

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on May 05, 2020, 09:48:16 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Yeah, you can be a Grade A d**khead in your private life and still be a decent Scientist.

Isaac Newton was an absolute Kitson of a person. I assume you don't think gravity is a con Nudga?

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on May 05, 2020, 10:09:21 pm by Nudga »
Gravity, that shit is real. Our lasses tits convinced me of that one.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #98 on May 05, 2020, 11:59:33 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Alright lads. Nudga's back.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on May 06, 2020, 08:02:42 am by GazLaz »
https://youtu.be/nFPeN17PVU8

Have you watched this Nudga?

TommyC

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on May 06, 2020, 08:44:52 am by TommyC »

Yeah, you can be a Grade A d**khead in your private life and still be a decent Scientist.

Isaac Newton was an absolute Kitson of a person. I assume you don't think gravity is a con Nudga?

Would now be a good time to revisit those graphs from Ferguson and his colleagues at Imperial that were bandied around on here so much a few weeks ago? In particular his predictions for where Sweden would be right about now.....

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on May 06, 2020, 08:59:42 am by Nudga »
https://youtu.be/nFPeN17PVU8

Have you watched this Nudga?

No mate, I'll watch later. Again, this is why I opened this thread up, just to question the official line.

I also noticed nobody gave Juicyberry the courtesy of an explanation or counter argument.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 09:14:29 am by Nudga »

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on May 06, 2020, 09:08:11 am by Nudga »

Alright lads. Nudga's back.

I'd like to say ditto but you're responding to every other post on multiple threads so your humour has been somewhat diluted.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #103 on May 06, 2020, 09:53:13 am by IDM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsi9csLNb-Y

Posted without comment. 

If the video gets taken down, google for Dr Judy Mitkovits..  look at the wiki page on her - it’s quite dismissive..

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on May 06, 2020, 06:52:51 pm by Nudga »

Posted without comment. 

If the video gets taken down, google for Dr Judy Mitkovits..  look at the wiki page on her - it’s quite dismissive..

If will be, she went against the system.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #107 on May 06, 2020, 06:55:48 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Posted without comment. 

If will be, she went against the system.

Yeah. She went against the scientific method. That tends to get you booted out if the scientific community.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #108 on May 09, 2020, 10:31:31 pm by Nudga »
https://twitter.com/InstituteGC/status/1259075645595725824?s=19

Should we be worried yet?

Is Covid-19 the weapon of mass destruction he was looking for?

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #109 on May 09, 2020, 10:40:16 pm by Nudga »
https://twitter.com/03d5d0a1/status/1259075510136705025?s=19

Surely this can't be real?

If it is, f**k your lockdown!!

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #110 on May 09, 2020, 10:50:21 pm by wilts rover »

It certainly can't be recent as there are no leaves on the trees...

Maybe you should post that last thought on the thread where people are talking about family members having caught it.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #111 on May 09, 2020, 11:05:48 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

It certainly can't be recent as there are no leaves on the trees...

Maybe you should post that last thought on the thread where people are talking about family members having caught it.

Beat me to it. First thing that struck me when I saw it.

But hey! If you were going to do a video like that, wouldn't you pluck all the leaves off the trees first, just to fool the clever arses who don't realise the whole thing is a conspiracy?

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #112 on May 09, 2020, 11:11:43 pm by Nudga »
Fair point. It's not like it hasn't been done before though, multiple times.

Your man Tony was part of the biggest conspiracy once upon a time though eh.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #113 on May 09, 2020, 11:27:34 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Who's man?

Nudga

• Forum Member

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #115 on May 22, 2020, 12:11:25 am by BillyStubbsTears »
https://unherd.com/2020/05/oxford-doubles-down-sunetra-gupta-interview/

University of Oxford

Nudga

That's fine. That is her opinion.

The Scientific Method works by different scientists putting forward their opinions and then having them checked against evidence.

So let's look at the facts as they currently stand.

1) Pretty much every seroprevalance study to date has been consistent with a Infection Fatality Rate of 0.1-2%.

2) Gupta suggests that the actual IFR is more like 0.01-0.1%.

3) But...and here's the crucial thing...she offers precisely zero evidence for that. It's entirely based on her opinion.

The way the Scientific Method works is that her opinion would carry a lot of weight if there was evidence emerging that everyone else in the world was wrong and she was right.

But there isn't.

So she claims (with zero supporting evidence) that everyone else's studies (that indiacte that her opinions are grossly wrong) are flawed.

Now, she MAY be right. Just like the people 500 years ago who said to Copernicus, "We don't care if your model that says the earth goes round the Sun predicts the positions of planets accurately and the evidence increasingly supports it. WE believe that the Sun goes round the earth" might have been right.

But the outlier opinions will only become accepted when the evidence supports them. It doesn't matter if the person pushing the outlier ideas is from Donny Tech or Oxford University. As the greatest scientist of the 20th century, Richard Feynman said, it doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is - if it is contradicted by the evidence, it is wrong.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 12:13:54 am by BillyStubbsTears »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #116 on May 22, 2020, 12:19:51 am by BillyStubbsTears »
By the way, Gupta's team didn't "produce a rival model back in March" as that article incorrectly says. They didn't produce any "model" at all. At least not one based on evidence. They did calculations based on the ASSUMPTION that already by then, 50% of the population had been infected.

That's not a model. It is guesswork and presenting results that show what the case would be if their guess was correct.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #117 on May 22, 2020, 07:49:08 am by Nudga »
https://twitter.com/unherd/status/1263454901889380354?s=19

Like Professor Karol Sikora says, we need to have measured discussion and balance.
Censorship is a worrying development.

Censorship leads people like me to question the official line.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #118 on May 22, 2020, 08:51:51 am by IDM »
Isn’t our government already censoring which information goes public by not publishing SAGE minutes.?

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #119 on May 22, 2020, 12:31:46 pm by Axholme Lion »
In my opinion this virus was man made in a Chinese laboratory and released to destroy the economy of the West. The Chinese wouldn't think twice about losing a few thousand of their own in order to get the required results world wide. They probably already have a stock pile of something even more harmful now they have seen the results of how this has spread.
Our Governments though must have been rubbing their hands together at the opportunity of using this as an excuse to take away many of our freedoms. They have made this virus out to be far more dangerous to normal people than it really is in order to scare people into submission. All they want is to control us more. This is the thin end of the wedge for the cashless society, saying where and when you can go anywhere etc. The old bill must be loving this, endless overtime and the ability to bully innocent people for sitting out in their gardens! Anyone who doesn't go with the flow is cast as a crank or dangerous. Also this Thursday night clap fest is like something from 1984. I know I will get slagged off on here but I don't really care because I know I can see the truth and am not a sheep.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012