Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:15:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brexit - how is it going?  (Read 6492 times)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Re: Brexit - how is it going?
« Reply #30 on October 21, 2021, 09:19:46 pm by SydneyRover »
I suppose one question is why do others want more countries to leave and the EU to break up, especially given the real time evidence of the problems caused in the UK, and will continue to cause.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 09:34:51 pm by SydneyRover »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on October 21, 2021, 09:43:09 pm by scawsby steve »
I suppose one question is why do others want more countries to leave and the EU to break up, especially given the real time evidence of the problems caused in the UK, and will continue to cause.

Sydney, how do you think we went on as a country before we joined the EU, or the Common Market as it was called then?

I'll tell you; life was f*cking great in the 60s.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on October 21, 2021, 09:52:45 pm by SydneyRover »

Sydney, how do you think we went on as a country before we joined the EU, or the Common Market as it was called then?

What's your point Steve, you want to go back to the 60s?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on October 21, 2021, 09:57:21 pm by drfchound »
  Wait while they have to chip in instead of being on a good thing and having someone else's money chucked at them.

whereas johnson & co are trying to send the UK broke and we'll get nothing, aye selby?

Why will Australia get nothing, genuine question SR.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on October 21, 2021, 10:00:12 pm by SydneyRover »
  Wait while they have to chip in instead of being on a good thing and having someone else's money chucked at them.

whereas johnson & co are trying to send the UK broke and we'll get nothing, aye selby?

Australia were never in the EU hound, genuine answer.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on October 21, 2021, 10:02:26 pm by drfchound »

Australia were never in the EU hound, genuine answer.

Yeah I know, which is why I was wounding why you said “we’ll get nothing”.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on October 21, 2021, 10:03:06 pm by SydneyRover »
don't drink and post is the answer

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on October 21, 2021, 10:05:52 pm by drfchound »
don't drink and post is the answer

I have often had the impression that you do, it’s up to you though, so enjoy.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on October 21, 2021, 10:06:42 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

That would be the decade when France, Germany, Italy and the Netherlands all overtook our economic performance? That 1960s? The one where we were known as the Sick Man of Europe?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on October 21, 2021, 10:19:06 pm by selby »
 Great generation though Billy, World Champions at football, won the ashes, and gave the world the best music ever.  And all those countries did it on the back of the Yanks  mainly and our generosity and investment while our armed forces protected them from the Russians.
   We have paid through the nose for them.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on October 22, 2021, 12:47:53 am by SydneyRover »
Great generation though Billy, World Champions at football, won the ashes, and gave the world the best music ever.  And all those countries did it on the back of the Yanks  mainly and our generosity and investment while our armed forces protected them from the Russians.

And a triumph in Indonesia in 65 I guess, I wonder how the theme song for that went?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on October 22, 2021, 01:09:27 am by BillyStubbsTears »

Who's this "we"?

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on October 22, 2021, 01:23:07 pm by Not Now Kato »

Because they see it as the only way not to look stupid for their decision to vote leave.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on October 22, 2021, 01:39:09 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

Life doesn't feel really much different on the ground in the UK though does it?  The problems are massively overinflated eg the fuel crisis that frankly didn't exist until the media made it exist, then when the panicking stopped again...

Poland shouldn't leave they benefit infinitely more financially than the UK.  However, the EU should listen to the concerns of the polish government and consider them much more than they have.  Is the EU led by all of its members' concerns or more interested in it's central core objectives than the concerns of member states?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on October 22, 2021, 01:59:21 pm by selby »
  Makes you wonder who is the most stupid Kato, is it those who can't get over being losers in a democratic vote  and have voted Labour as well since 2009. They haven't achieved anything of note apart from voting for a racial party that's going nowhere and getting more and more upset.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on October 22, 2021, 02:50:00 pm by normal rules »
The Labour Party is a bit like humanity itself.
Self imploding. Eating itself from within.
And still taking the time to point the finger at the other side for not doing what they think is right .
Pitiful.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on October 22, 2021, 03:20:45 pm by ravenrover »

C'mon SS admit it, you can't really remember much of the 60's :-)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on October 22, 2021, 06:31:57 pm by scawsby steve »

What's your point Steve, you want to go back to the 60s?

Yes please.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on October 22, 2021, 06:36:03 pm by scawsby steve »

That would be the decade when France, Germany, Italy and the Netherlands all overtook our economic performance? That 1960s? The one where we were known as the Sick Man of Europe?

Yeah, and who gave us that tag? Some arrogant mouthy gobsh*te in Europe?

It wouldn't surprise me, there's plenty of them.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on October 22, 2021, 06:38:07 pm by scawsby steve »

C'mon SS admit it, you can't really remember much of the 60's :-)

You're getting cheekier than BB and Janso.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on October 22, 2021, 06:53:42 pm by Bentley Bullet »
If you remember the '60s, you weren't really there!

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on October 22, 2021, 07:07:08 pm by scawsby steve »

You mean that I look so young that I couldn't possibly have been there?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on October 22, 2021, 07:59:40 pm by Bentley Bullet »

You mean that I look so young that I couldn't possibly have been there?

You mean you look young as in "Mighty Joe Young!"

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on October 22, 2021, 09:45:22 pm by SydneyRover »

Life doesn't feel really much different on the ground in the UK though does it? The problems are massively overinflated eg the fuel crisis that frankly didn't exist until the media made it exist, then when the panicking stopped again...

Poland shouldn't leave they benefit infinitely more financially than the UK.  However, the EU should listen to the concerns of the polish government and consider them much more than they have.  Is the EU led by all of its members' concerns or more interested in it's central core objectives than the concerns of member states?

I guess that depends on how close to the breadline you are sailing pud? there is no denying the deaths caused by Austerity and the ongoing hardship combined with brexit have put many in trouble.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on October 25, 2021, 10:10:03 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
https://mobile.twitter.com/MichaelTakeMP/status/1452571073950752769

Brexit. Metaphorically and now literally a pile of shite.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on October 25, 2021, 10:14:07 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Life doesn't feel really much different on the ground in the UK though does it?  The problems are massively overinflated eg the fuel crisis that frankly didn't exist until the media made it exist, then when the panicking stopped again...

Might not be much difference on the ground for you. Elsewhere, I've got three projects running 3-6 months late because of difficulties importing materials from Italy and Germany. Had a very big impact on our cashflow and we've had to dip into our overdraft for the first time since 2010.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on October 26, 2021, 12:03:40 am by belton rover »

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on October 26, 2021, 09:04:17 am by selby »
  Buy British Billy.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on October 26, 2021, 09:39:25 am by SydneyRover »
  Buy British Billy.

What brand car and ride on mower do you drive, out of interest selby?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on October 26, 2021, 10:21:48 am by BillyStubbsTears »
  Buy British Billy.
Swim British Selby. You'll be in your element.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012