Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 03:15:11 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 903491 times)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #13200 on August 01, 2021, 11:28:14 am by Bentley Bullet »
Look at the table at the end of the season.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13201 on August 01, 2021, 11:31:19 am by SydneyRover »

will it bring live back bb?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #13202 on August 01, 2021, 05:08:16 pm by dickos1 »

Exactly,
There’ll be many countries on that list who are still not at their peak,
Whereas there’ll be other like us that’ll be way past the peak,
That table will look much different in a year or two

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13203 on August 01, 2021, 11:18:01 pm by SydneyRover »

Exactly,
There’ll be many countries on that list who are still not at their peak,
Whereas there’ll be other like us that’ll be way past the peak,
That table will look much different in a year or two

You work in heath care dickos, will other countries getting worse bring all the lives lost to unnecessary deaths back in the UK?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #13204 on August 02, 2021, 05:39:35 pm by dickos1 »
You’re missing the point as per usual.
Lots of unnecessary deaths all over the globe, some countries will have more to come, many more than us.
There’s a long way to go yet before this is over globally

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13205 on August 02, 2021, 06:07:44 pm by wilts rover »
Thanks Dickos

As I understand it, the strategy of the WHO and most of the sensible world is to keep the outbreaks in their countries to a minimum until their population is vaccinated. Thus they will only see 'many more' deaths if they are unable to source vaccines.

Are you suggesting the UK should hold back vaccine supplies to the third world - just so you can say the stats for the UK look better? Because it looks that way.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #13206 on August 02, 2021, 07:00:31 pm by selby »
  Wilts, some of the leaders especially in the EU have blood on their hands delaying the roll  out of the British Astra vaccine, I didn't hear you being bothered when that was happening just to score brownie points.
 All the scientific evidence has blown their statements out of the water and that much vaunted European Court of Justice should be trying Macron and his buddies  for manslaughter.
  It wasn't a mistake it was a calculated attack on a British company to cause it economic harm and had consequences of people dying because of the unwarranted statements given out by elected leaders in the EU.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13207 on August 02, 2021, 09:56:12 pm by SydneyRover »
Wilts, some of the leaders especially in the EU have blood on their hands delaying the roll  out of the British Astra vaccine, I didn't hear you being bothered when that was happening just to score brownie points.
 All the scientific evidence has blown their statements out of the water and that much vaunted European Court of Justice should be trying Macron and his buddies  for manslaughter.
  It wasn't a mistake it was a calculated attack on a British company to cause it economic harm and had consequences of people dying because of the unwarranted statements given out by elected leaders in the EU.

This one selby?

WHO: Members of the Executive Board and Term of Office

UNITED KINGDOM OF GREAT BRITAIN AND NORTHERN IRELAND (2020-2023)
Professor Chris Whitty
Chief Medical Officer, Department of Health and Social Care
London

https://apps.who.int/gb/gov/en/composition-of-the-board_en.html

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13208 on August 02, 2021, 10:04:25 pm by SydneyRover »
You’re missing the point as per usual.
Lots of unnecessary deaths all over the globe, some countries will have more to come, many more than us.
There’s a long way to go yet before this is over globally

I guess handing out rubber gloves you don't have to have signed the Hippocratic Oath, it's maybe a good job aye dickos? 

:woohoo:

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #13209 on August 02, 2021, 10:09:12 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Still no huge increase in cases over 2 weeks aftero more reopening. Not looking a bad decision now is it?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #13210 on August 02, 2021, 10:11:38 pm by selby »
  IF you ever played football Syd I bet the people living near the ground wore tin hats if you deflected the ball like you do subjects on here. Certainly  left field.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13211 on August 02, 2021, 10:13:45 pm by SydneyRover »
Still no huge increase in cases over 2 weeks aftero more reopening. Not looking a bad decision now is it?

As long as it was made by scientists following scientific adice then it is a sensible decision pud, the government cannot do more than that.

Added

Otherwise it's just gambling with people's live and we saw what happened when they went that route?

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #13212 on August 02, 2021, 10:28:16 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

As long as it was made by scientists following scientific adice then it is a sensible decision pud, the government cannot do more than that.

Added

Otherwise it's just gambling with people's live and we saw what happened when they went that route?

Good to see you saw this post....

I think we've seen many comments, posts talking about the pros and cons of it..3 weeks ago it was a forecasted disaster, that talk disappeared quick.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13213 on August 02, 2021, 10:33:46 pm by wilts rover »

Any idea why that might be pud? People having more sense to go out and mingle when there's a pandemic on maybe?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/aug/01/covid-caution-dampens-the-heady-promises-of-freedom-day

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13214 on August 02, 2021, 10:37:50 pm by SydneyRover »

Added

I think we've seen many comments, posts talking about the pros and cons of it..3 weeks ago it was a forecasted disaster, that talk disappeared quick.

Not from me pud, as long as the government follows the science ........................

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13215 on August 02, 2021, 10:44:42 pm by SydneyRover »

Added

If the government thinks it's over then now would be a good time to have the inquiry into the response so that if there is a similar pandemic or the threat of another mountain on the graph the government will know what to do. ( I have heard unofficially that they are trying to bury the full outcome of Cygnus in the Mariana Trench)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #13216 on August 02, 2021, 10:45:17 pm by Bentley Bullet »

Any idea why that might be pud? People having more sense to go out and mingle when there's a pandemic on maybe?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/aug/01/covid-caution-dampens-the-heady-promises-of-freedom-day

So we didn't need to become a fully-fledged Nanny state after all, and Boris was right to rely on the public to show common sense.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13217 on August 02, 2021, 10:55:06 pm by SydneyRover »
but just last week and for months you have been blaming people for not following government advice bb.

that'll be goodnight from bb then?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2021, 10:58:59 pm by SydneyRover »

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13218 on August 02, 2021, 11:06:03 pm by bpoolrover »
 :party:

might be the case in london but Blackpool bars have not been as busy in 10 years, Bristol last weekend saw pretty much every bar full all weekend

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13219 on August 02, 2021, 11:09:14 pm by SydneyRover »
Got any figures bp, it would be good to have a look at the numbers post 'freedom day'

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #13220 on August 03, 2021, 12:22:52 am by River Don »

Added

It was the government who forecast 100,000 infections a day and their own advisors suggested double that was possible.

Yet still they went ahead anyway.

The best that can be said about it, is it appears they and we got lucky. It's not what they thought was likely to happen.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13221 on August 03, 2021, 12:30:18 am by bpoolrover »
Got any figures bp, it would be good to have a look at the numbers post 'freedom day'
no I have not got any figures lol I have eyes thou that can see and plenty of friends that work in the entertainment industry

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13222 on August 03, 2021, 12:45:57 am by SydneyRover »
no I have not got any figures lol I have eyes thou that can see and plenty of friends that work in the entertainment industry

''might be the case in london but Blackpool bars have not been as busy in 10 years, Bristol last weekend saw pretty much every bar full all weekend''

Your mates have good memories too bp

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13223 on August 03, 2021, 01:23:52 am by bpoolrover »

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #13225 on August 03, 2021, 06:30:57 am by no eyed deer »
Boris axes amber plus list to make travel simple.

Wait a minute.... are they playing mind games with us just for votes ??

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #13226 on August 03, 2021, 08:07:31 am by River Don »
Johnsons only game is to ignore the pandemic and open up as quickly as possible.

Everything hangs on the continued effectiveness of the vaccines now.

Doing this doesn't come without risk though, allowing the virus to circulate widely in society means the threat of new varient or a deadly recombination of existing varients is so much higher.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #13227 on August 03, 2021, 10:13:30 am by Axholme Lion »
Apparently we are on the cusp of herd immunity with the percentage of people with antibodies either through catching the virus or vaccination. I think the public have had enough and are ready for normal life to return, at least until the next virus is released by the Chinese Communist Party.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #13228 on August 03, 2021, 10:56:33 am by Herbert Anchovy »
:party:

might be the case in london but Blackpool bars have not been as busy in 10 years, Bristol last weekend saw pretty much every bar full all weekend

From what I’m seeing down here in London, the bars and pubs are doing a roaring trade. I’m not sure where this ‘Covid caution’ perception is coming from because it’s not what I’m seeing.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13229 on August 03, 2021, 12:01:59 pm by SydneyRover »
So from what bp has said and yourself HA, the country is in post lockdown? it's over, back to normal.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012