Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 08:00:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 911748 times)

rich1471

• Forum Member
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #16290 on February 06, 2022, 04:51:47 pm by rich1471 »
Think COVID was put on the back burner because of Boris and his partying pals

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #16291 on February 06, 2022, 05:06:45 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Indeed. Still shows that it's not newsworthy anymore though and simply being perpetuated and prolonged by others.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #16292 on February 07, 2022, 11:10:26 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
What i find amusing is those who are still wearing masks because they somehow think that the scientists and Government are wrong and that it is still best to wear masks. So essentially ignoring 'the science' and making up their own rules.

Just as those who HAVEN'T been wearing masks for quite some time were accused by the pro mask zealots of thinking we knew more than the scientists.

Well the boot is on the other foot now and those wearing masks now think they know better than the scientists. The very same thing they levelled at non mask wearers before.

What i hear you say? More hypocrisy amongst sheeple virtue signallers? Indeed

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #16293 on February 07, 2022, 11:23:12 am by BillyStubbsTears »
No responsible virologist or epidemiologist is advising people to do away with masks. Where the f**k do you get your information from?

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #16294 on February 07, 2022, 11:35:56 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
No responsible virologist or epidemiologist is advising people to do away with masks. Where the f**k do you get your information from?

I know. The science is all b*llocks anyway because the Government have only taken their scientific advice from one group of charlatans who purport to be scientists.

I'm saying that people who are still wearing masks think they know best but when non mask wearers thought they knew best, they were vilified by those who think masks actually do any good.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #16295 on February 07, 2022, 11:45:18 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
I see the NHS are still moaning about money and backlogs. How about cut the pay of hospital bosses regularly whilst their hospitals are behind on waiting lists until there is a reasonable waiting time of under 18 weeks, as it should be according to the NHS constitution.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #16296 on February 07, 2022, 11:52:48 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
But, you'd like to think science works.  My experience of Covid this year compared with last year was very different, it was barely even as bad as a cold bar the really naff headache and tiredness.  I'm sure the vaccines will have made a difference.

There does seem to be some luck in contracting it though neither of my kids have picked it up despite my wife and I having it and they aren't vaccinated....

• VSC Member
« Reply #16297 on February 07, 2022, 11:53:37 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I see the NHS are still moaning about money and backlogs. How about cut the pay of hospital bosses regularly whilst their hospitals are behind on waiting lists until there is a reasonable waiting time of under 18 weeks, as it should be according to the NHS constitution.

All well and good until they go off and work somewhere else.  It's easy to say don't pay the bosses top money but they'll just go and work elsewhere and thus you get lower quality managers.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #16298 on February 07, 2022, 11:55:24 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »

All well and good until they go off and work somewhere else.  It's easy to say don't pay the bosses top money but they'll just go and work elsewhere and thus you get lower quality managers.

A clear indication that they only care about money and themselves. Fine, get rid and get people in who care about the job and patients instead. It isn't as if many of them are doing a good job as it is anyway.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #16299 on February 07, 2022, 04:45:33 pm by Nudga »

You lower the quality of managers by having too many managers.
The NHS need to cut down on middle management, this is my wife's opinion as she is in a smallish team with multiple line managers and managers.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16300 on February 07, 2022, 07:46:31 pm by SydneyRover »

Any proof that NHS staff are paid more pud?

• VSC Member
« Reply #16301 on February 07, 2022, 08:36:46 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
That's not what I wrote is it?

It's common sense that a reduction in wages will see people going elsewhere in any industry.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16302 on February 07, 2022, 08:45:52 pm by SydneyRover »
Have a look at the graph, doesn't it show wages in the NHS have fallen compared to private healthcare already?

https://www.nuffieldtrust.org.uk/resource/chart-of-the-week-nhs-staff-pay-and-the-cost-of-living

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #16303 on February 07, 2022, 08:48:19 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
That's not what I wrote is it?

It's common sense that a reduction in wages will see people going elsewhere in any industry.

There are many examples of people working for wages less than A) they deserve and B) they could get because they see their jobs as a vocation rather than a cash cow. Like the NHS managers and middle managers.

I've worked in the animal welfare sector for years and this industry perfectly highlights the distinction between dedicated, intelligent, highly skilled people working in more lesser roles for less pay and less dedicated, error prone, questionably skilled people working in highly paid managerial roles.

The hands on animal care staff put job satisfaction and the knowledge they are making a difference before financial reward. The managers get private pensions, company cars, various perks and a huge salary and in my own personal experience, don't really give a shit about animals nor do a particularly good job.

There was a bloke called Brian who was a Norwich fan incidentally who used to run Sheffield RSPCA where i used to work years back and he would have done the job for free. Proper salt of the earth bloke who was as undemanding as they come.

Truly committed people who have the requisite skills and qualities will do the top job for a lesser amount. Most others will only do a top job if it pays top dollar and these are the people that we need to be suspicious of.

• VSC Member
« Reply #16304 on February 07, 2022, 08:51:51 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Suspicious of people who want to earn more money? It's a pretty valid motivational driver in my view.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #16305 on February 07, 2022, 08:55:28 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Suspicious of people who want to earn more money? It's a pretty valid motivational driver in my view.

Yes i agree but in some professions and roles, it is more important to have someone whose dedication, commitment and passion for the area of work they are in is the primary motivator and comes before the salary and perks.

Money isn't the be all and end all. If it is. Says a lot about an individual in my book. For certain professions.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16306 on February 07, 2022, 09:02:46 pm by SydneyRover »
I can see the advert now,

Person required, dedicated, passionate, committed, lousy pay

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #16307 on February 07, 2022, 09:10:01 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

No need to be a c**t about it is there?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2022, 09:15:24 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #16308 on February 07, 2022, 09:13:20 pm by drfchound »

No need to be c**t about it is there?

I feel sure that recently someone (maybe ldr) posted that if he were to move to the private sector and do the same job, he would get far less than his NHS pay rate.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16309 on February 07, 2022, 09:19:14 pm by SydneyRover »

No need to be a c**t about it is there?

So it's not you proclaiming all the time that you can do and say as you please then? and it's Mr Kitson to you

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #16310 on February 07, 2022, 09:25:03 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Oh f**k off. Jesus.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16311 on February 07, 2022, 09:28:13 pm by SydneyRover »
Oh f**k off. Jesus.

Is this as a scientist or Mr everyman?

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #16312 on February 08, 2022, 07:31:35 am by Ldr »
Have a look at the graph, doesn't it show wages in the NHS have fallen compared to private healthcare already?

https://www.nuffieldtrust.org.uk/resource/chart-of-the-week-nhs-staff-pay-and-the-cost-of-living

It does Syd but is east to misinterpret what is saying. Yes real earnings haven’t kept up as well as those in the private sector but they are graphing rates of change. When salaries are higher than the private sector for similar jobs then the impact is less (writing this from a position of earning around 6k more by simply been public sector than private sector)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16313 on February 08, 2022, 07:40:42 am by SydneyRover »

It does Syd but is east to misinterpret what is saying. Yes real earnings haven’t kept up as well as those in the private sector but they are graphing rates of change. When salaries are higher than the private sector for similar jobs then the impact is less (writing this from a position of earning around 6k more by simply been public sector than private sector)

I understand that but where is the proof that NHS staff wages are equitable or more?

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #16314 on February 08, 2022, 07:48:01 am by Ldr »
Syd, I am speaking for my own role here. The equivalent job in the private sector tops out at around 39k, I’m on 6k more I’d say that’s equitable or more

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16315 on February 08, 2022, 08:00:31 am by SydneyRover »
Syd, I am speaking for my own role here. The equivalent job in the private sector tops out at around 39k, I’m on 6k more I’d say that’s equitable or more

I wasn't fishing for your private details and you have said before your wage was higher. The graph shows that staff in general in the NHS has not matched the same growth in the private health system for 6 or so years and what is difficult to assess is the type of work and workload for individuals.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16316 on February 09, 2022, 10:11:47 am by bpoolrover »
Some good news is that even with no restrictions there were no excess deaths in January, maybe we are nearing the end of this now

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #16317 on February 09, 2022, 10:24:34 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
We were at the end over a year ago but i guess better late than never.

Now the more rotund amongst us can have fat jabs on the NHS that help reduce body fat.

My idea is a bit more traditional. Get fat people to stop eating shit and if they can't, offer them the psychological treatment they need to address underlying issues leading to poor food choices.

The latter costs too much, takes far too long and these are more natural / holistic approaches.

Which is why the NHS aren't interested.

Flu jab. Covid jab. Fat jab.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16318 on February 09, 2022, 10:45:26 am by SydneyRover »
Some good news is that even with no restrictions there were no excess deaths in January, maybe we are nearing the end of this now

but 1800 a week,

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16319 on February 09, 2022, 10:48:36 am by ravenrover »
So the Health Minister, I'll say it again the Health Minister apologises for carrying on a face to face meeting when she has been confirmed positive. But it's OK she said sorry

TinyPortal © 2005-2012