Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:14:16 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brexit deal  (Read 365991 times)

idler

• VSC Member
Re: Brexit deal
« Reply #3120 on April 11, 2019, 12:04:03 pm by idler »
As a nation we have done nothing in almost three years to give any other trading bloc or nation the impression that we are capable of negotiating or delivering on any trade deal.
We are going nowhere until politicians of all persuasions find common ground and work solely for the benefit of the future of the country.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #3121 on April 11, 2019, 12:25:33 pm by Axholme Lion »
What in God's name are you wittering on about?

Do nothing and leave on WTO like we voted for, before the people in parliament who are supposed to represent us put their spoke in and ignored the leave map of England.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3122 on April 11, 2019, 12:31:51 pm by SydneyRover »
Catherine McKinnell said during the petition debate

The vote leave statement was:

“Taking back control is a careful change, not a sudden stop—we will negotiate the terms of a new deal before we start any legal process to leave.”

''Or the pledge made in the 2017 Labour party manifesto:

“Labour recognises that leaving the EU with ‘no deal’ is the worst possible deal for Britain and that it would do damage to our economy and trade. We will reject ‘no deal’ as a viable option”.

Or, indeed, the 2017 Conservative party manifesto, which said that the Prime Minister would deliver:

“The best possible deal for Britain as we leave the European Union delivered by a smooth, orderly Brexit.”

6,074,262 signatures

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #3123 on April 11, 2019, 12:41:56 pm by IDM »

Do nothing and leave on WTO like we voted for, before the people in parliament who are supposed to represent us put their spoke in and ignored the leave map of England.

I don’t remember “leave on WTO” being on the ballot paper.??

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #3124 on April 11, 2019, 12:45:25 pm by IDM »
“We will negotiate the terms of a new deal before we start any legal process to leave”

Can anyone show me how this was honoured.??

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3125 on April 11, 2019, 12:50:56 pm by SydneyRover »
“We will negotiate the terms of a new deal before we start any legal process to leave”

Can anyone show me how this was honoured.??
Was that a pin dropping?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #3126 on April 11, 2019, 12:53:56 pm by IDM »
Not with me, I have always advocated knowing what leave means should have been defined before the referendum.

The point in the quote was to highlight that the vote leave campaign did not imply “no deal”..

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3127 on April 11, 2019, 12:57:27 pm by SydneyRover »
Not with me, I have always advocated knowing what leave means should have been defined before the referendum.

The point in the quote was to highlight that the vote leave campaign did not imply “no deal”..
Apologies I should have used the sarky imoji

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3128 on April 11, 2019, 01:07:05 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
See, if you really want to be a plebiscitary democracy, you've got to have checks and balances on what happens during campaigns.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-47879777

Here's the Swiss courts annulling a referendum because the voters weren't given the suitable facts.

Just close your eyes and imagine what that court would make of our 2016 clusterf**k.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #3130 on April 11, 2019, 01:42:43 pm by Ldr »
Brexit, a fine example of a public sector ran project

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #3131 on April 11, 2019, 01:43:36 pm by IDM »
Not sure what your point is AL? Most regions in England had a vote leave majority, no one is debating that..

What is the issue is what the leave deal will entail, and avoiding no deal, which itself wasn’t the definition of leave at the time of the referendum..

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #3132 on April 11, 2019, 01:55:41 pm by Axholme Lion »
Not sure what your point is AL? Most regions in England had a vote leave majority, no one is debating that..

What is the issue is what the leave deal will entail, and avoiding no deal, which itself wasn’t the definition of leave at the time of the referendum..

The point is vast swathes of the country aren't getting what they voted for due to politicians ignoring their constituents wishes. If that map represented a GE result it would have been a landslide. We then would not have been debating the result forever and a day afterwards.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #3133 on April 11, 2019, 02:03:13 pm by IDM »
Glad you compared this to a GE because if a government fails abjectly to deliver what they were voted in for, landslide or not, they can be voted out..

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #3134 on April 11, 2019, 02:10:13 pm by Boomstick »

I don't remember "deal" being on the ballot paper either

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #3135 on April 11, 2019, 02:15:20 pm by The Red Baron »
Slightly O/T but fair play to Theresa for managing to toxify the Tory brand.

https://mobile.twitter.com/britainelects/status/1116208675306209280?p=v

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #3136 on April 11, 2019, 02:21:44 pm by RedJ »

Well that's precisely the point... many people will have been voting for different things that were under one umbrella term.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #3137 on April 11, 2019, 02:22:19 pm by Axholme Lion »

So you would rather have Corbyn and his band of Marxist thugs 'running' the country. we would be like 1970's Albania in no time.
You'd better find a good gardener if Labour get in to help grow some money trees.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #3138 on April 11, 2019, 02:28:24 pm by IDM »

No it wasn’t but I was only countering what AL had posted about WTO..  I didn’t mention “deal” on the ballot paper..

As stated earlier today, the vote leave policy was to negotiate terms..  I assume they meant a deal, if not, what.??

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #3139 on April 11, 2019, 02:36:39 pm by The Red Baron »

So you would rather have Corbyn and his band of Marxist thugs 'running' the country. we would be like 1970's Albania in no time.
You'd better find a good gardener if Labour get in to help grow some money trees.

No, I'd rather have the Tories choose a proper leader. Problem is the ERG went off half-cock and she can't be removed till December.

Those poll figures hardly make confortable reading for Labour. They might be the biggest party but they'd struggle for a majority.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #3140 on April 11, 2019, 03:05:11 pm by scawsby steve »
Yeah, like you lot keep beefing about it was only 52% of the poll who voted for leave but are happy enough with a single vote win in parliament.
How long does the Brexit referendum result stay relevant?
Considering what we know now about what can actually be agreed, the consequences of no deal, how many brexiteers have died since 2016 and how many more remain votes have come of age, the fact all polls show remain would now win and the fact MP's are changing their minds almost daily about Brexit?
Just a guess here bj but as the majority of brexiteers seem to be old white gammon most of em may be in cardiac arrest over dealing with JC and No-deal kicked into touch.

If you can't come on this forum without making abusive comments like that, then I suggest you just leave the forum, take your bigoted, biased opinions with you, and don't f*cking come back.

There's a touch of hypocrisy in that post.

Oh, I'd forgotten all about you, Iberian Red

Dont worry fella, that will be an age thing.

Don't worry about me old lad, you just get on with what you're best at, kissing BST's arse.

Never met him,pmed him,supported him. I'm  as f**ked off with all this daft b*llocks as you. I'm going to join the BB,BS,AL,SS alliance.

You're very welcome mate; after all, we're all Rovers fans. COYR.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #3141 on April 11, 2019, 03:08:02 pm by Axholme Lion »

No, I'd rather have the Tories choose a proper leader. Problem is the ERG went off half-cock and she can't be removed till December.

Those poll figures hardly make confortable reading for Labour. They might be the biggest party but they'd struggle for a majority.

I actually like my local MP, he makes himself available to take your concerns on board and always replies to e-mails. It will be a shame for the likes of him that he will likely loose his seat thanks to the likes of TM and Anna Soubry.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #3142 on April 11, 2019, 03:12:03 pm by scawsby steve »
Yeah, like you lot keep beefing about it was only 52% of the poll who voted for leave but are happy enough with a single vote win in parliament.
Considering what we know now about what can actually be agreed, the consequences of no deal, how many brexiteers have died since 2016 and how many more remain votes have come of age, the fact all polls show remain would now win and the fact MP's are changing their minds almost daily about Brexit?
Just a guess here bj but as the majority of brexiteers seem to be old white gammon most of em may be in cardiac arrest over dealing with JC and No-deal kicked into touch.

If you can't come on this forum without making abusive comments like that, then I suggest you just leave the forum, take your bigoted, biased opinions with you, and don't f*cking come back.

Don't worry about me old lad, you just get on with what you're best at, kissing BST's arse.

Guess the author:

So you don't think I should respond to someone trying to take the p*ss out of my age, something that a few of you on here are quite smart at doing?

If someone attacks me, I attack back.

Spoken like a true hypocrite.

"Thick", "stupid", "can't write their own name", "pensioners with zimmer frames", "old white gammon", "soon be having cardiac arrests", "will be dead by now", "coffin dodgers".

Just a few of the many insults hurled at Brexit voters on this forum and many other forums over the last 2 years; and you call me abusive and hypocritical?

White gammon?

Where did you pull that one from?

Proper snowflake!

I don't like telling tales out of school mate, but it was Sydney Rover.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 03:37:09 pm by scawsby steve »

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #3143 on April 11, 2019, 05:20:24 pm by i_ateallthepies »
AL.

Let me think...

...oh aye. Because we're not a colony of the EU. We could leave tomorrow if we wanted to. So, as I say, it's bullshit deliberately aimed at idiots.

BULLSEYE!!!

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3144 on April 11, 2019, 06:32:41 pm by wilts rover »
Bill Cash on Sky tv

https://twitter.com/SkyNewsPolitics/status/1116358104935956484

Can I categorically state that I do not believe Mr Cash is a Marxist thug even though he is plotting to overthrow an elected prime minister.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3145 on April 11, 2019, 06:46:36 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
AL.

Let me think...

...oh aye. Because we're not a colony of the EU. We could leave tomorrow if we wanted to. So, as I say, it's bullshit deliberately aimed at idiots.

BULLSEYE!!!

For the record, it's Farage treating people as idiots by serving this rubbish up to them and expecting them to agree with it.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #3146 on April 11, 2019, 08:45:05 pm by idler »

The point is vast swathes of the country aren't getting what they voted for due to politicians ignoring their constituents wishes. If that map represented a GE result it would have been a landslide. We then would not have been debating the result forever and a day afterwards.
I've never met you AL but you claim to know exactly why I voted leave.
Just the same as some people that insulted and assaulted immigrants soon after the vote assumed that they reflected my views. I certainly didn't want or vote for the omnishambles that has followed. The remain side didn't cover themselves with glory but the Brexit side have contributed nothing to a stable and civilised exit from the EU.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #3147 on April 11, 2019, 11:18:41 pm by bobjimwilly »
I would take a guess the majority of Brexit voters voted that way because of the leave campaign and the actual lies they were told. The politicians in the Leave camp also stated we would get a great deal with the EU, and from recollection none of them endorsed leaving on WTO terms. So when Brexit votes say, "but we voted to leave regardless" that's no strictly true now, is it.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3148 on April 11, 2019, 11:49:07 pm by SydneyRover »

Guess the author:

So you don't think I should respond to someone trying to take the p*ss out of my age, something that a few of you on here are quite smart at doing?

If someone attacks me, I attack back.

Spoken like a true hypocrite.

"Thick", "stupid", "can't write their own name", "pensioners with zimmer frames", "old white gammon", "soon be having cardiac arrests", "will be dead by now", "coffin dodgers".

Just a few of the many insults hurled at Brexit voters on this forum and many other forums over the last 2 years; and you call me abusive and hypocritical?

White gammon?

Where did you pull that one from?

Proper snowflake!

I don't like telling tales out of school mate, but it was Sydney Rover.
Incorrect, and for the record I wrote 'old white gammon'
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 11:52:54 pm by SydneyRover »

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #3149 on April 12, 2019, 07:05:04 am by DonnyOsmond »
I would take a guess the majority of Brexit voters voted that way because of the leave campaign and the actual lies they were told. The politicians in the Leave camp also stated we would get a great deal with the EU, and from recollection none of them endorsed leaving on WTO terms. So when Brexit votes say, "but we voted to leave regardless" that's no strictly true now, is it.

No but let's not let facts get in the way of leave voters points.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012