Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:35:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brexit deal  (Read 365948 times)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Re: Brexit deal
« Reply #4230 on September 12, 2019, 07:33:19 pm by SydneyRover »
Why don't you tell us what boris's cunning plan for an alternative backstop is bp

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4231 on September 12, 2019, 07:34:35 pm by bpoolrover »
I never said that did I lol what I said is what do you expect them to say! And then said could I never said anyone was lying

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4232 on September 12, 2019, 07:35:06 pm by bpoolrover »
Why don't you tell us what boris's cunning plan for an alternative backstop is bp
how am I supposed to know I no about as much as you

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4233 on September 12, 2019, 07:39:57 pm by SydneyRover »
I've lost track of what you're saying period bp

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4234 on September 12, 2019, 07:40:20 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Bpool.

I expect them to tell the truth. What do YOU expect them to do?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4235 on September 12, 2019, 07:45:31 pm by bpoolrover »
I expect them to yes but do mps tell the truth always bst do all labour and tories tell the truth?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #4236 on September 12, 2019, 07:58:34 pm by RedJ »
f**king hell round and round we go...

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4237 on September 12, 2019, 08:06:40 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
You were talking about Michel Barnier and the European Commission, not MPs.

If I read you right, you're saying that you have no reason to doubt that Barnier was telling the truth today, when he said that Johnson hadn't tabled any substantive plan on which to start a re-negotiation.

I believe Barnier when he says that.

Because if he said that and was lying, it would be easy for Johnson to disprove him, by publishing the UK plan.

So, can we draw a line under that "what do you expect them to say" nonsense, and accept that Johnson is lying and Barnier isn't?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4238 on September 12, 2019, 08:30:07 pm by bpoolrover »
What 1 person sees as acceptable another does not, they have said they will publish the plan let’s hope it is a good 1

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #4239 on September 12, 2019, 08:37:40 pm by RedJ »
What 1 person sees as acceptable another does not, they have said they will publish the plan let’s hope it is a good 1

It doesn't exist. Surely if the EU are calling you a liar you're going to show people your plans so you can prove that you aren't a liar.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #4240 on September 12, 2019, 10:17:18 pm by DonnyOsmond »
If the EU say you're not getting a deal. If Amber Rudd says you're not getting a deal. If your own brother says you're not getting a deal.

Then you're not getting a deal.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #4241 on September 12, 2019, 10:17:59 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I feel sorry for all the people that lose their jobs, houses and possibly lives all in the aid of lining a few millionaires pockets.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4242 on September 12, 2019, 10:45:29 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
If the EU say you're not getting a deal. If Amber Rudd says you're not getting a deal. If your own brother says you're not getting a deal.

Then you're not getting a deal.

And if you have chance after chance to set out the deal you say you want...and never do.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4243 on September 13, 2019, 09:16:28 am by SydneyRover »
meanwhile in the fairyland of murdoch: The Times

''Boris Johnson was handed a lifeline by the Democratic Unionist Party last night when it agreed to shift its red lines in a move that could help to unlock a Brexit deal.

The Times understands that, for the first time, the party has said it would accept Northern Ireland abiding by some European Union rules after Brexit in a deal to replace the Irish backstop.

The DUP has also said privately that it would drop its objection to regulatory checks in the Irish Sea, which it had called unacceptable as this would separate Northern Ireland “politically and economically” from the mainland''

BBC: ''DUP denies report it would accept Irish Sea checks''

''The DUP leader has refuted reports in the Times that the party is prepared to abide by some European rules after Brexit.

The newspaper said the DUP had agreed "to shift its red lines" as part of a new deal to replace the backstop.

It added the party had said privately that it would drop its objections to regulatory checks in the Irish Sea.

Arlene Foster tweeted the "UK must leave as one nation" and "anonymous sources lead to nonsense stories"''

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4244 on September 14, 2019, 07:41:02 am by SydneyRover »
Oh gawd not another expert with years of experience telling us that no-deal will be a mess, all this will do is just rile up and send brexiters into another spin about bombarding them with facts and figures and what it’s like in the real world.

‘’Hopes of clean break with EU are nonsense, says ex-Brexit official
A no-deal exit would trigger complex negotiations, argues former top DexEU civil servant’’

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/sep/14/hopes-of-clean-break-with-eu-are-nonsense-says-ex-brexit-official

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #4245 on September 14, 2019, 11:19:14 am by bobjimwilly »
don't you think that if Labour, or Corbyn, or any opposition, anti-no deal politician had lied they would be all over the front pages of the right wing rags? That is proof in itself that this Johnson, this Government and the Tory party are far more culpable. And the fact that even STILL Tory supporters and Brexiteers are still trying to justify these actions or transfer blame (quick, look over there at Labour!) is very, very worrying.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #4246 on September 15, 2019, 10:17:48 am by DonnyOsmond »
Wonder what will happen when he eventually brakes the law, slap on the wrist and gets to carry on?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4247 on September 15, 2019, 04:54:55 pm by wilts rover »
I thought the Lib Dems wanted to stop Brexit? I can't se how many people they are going to win over with the argument saying we should remain because of a future world order based on empires, but there you go.

https://twitter.com/TomKibasi/status/1173157909947133953

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #4248 on September 15, 2019, 05:03:33 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
I thought the Lib Dems wanted to stop Brexit? I can't se how many people they are going to win over with the argument saying we should remain because of a future world order based on empires, but there you go.

A Liberal activist was being interviewed on the radio earlier. They said they believed that the Liberals should continue to push for a ‘People’s Vote’ and they should firmly endorse remaining in the EU, whilst promising to deliver on the result of the vote. The irony of this statement was as delicious as my Sunday dinner

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4249 on September 15, 2019, 06:07:20 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Tom Kibasi is normally very astute but this is just a stupid criticism.

Verhofstadt is simply stating a fact. The medium term future is not one in which small countries have much clout. There's a group of nationalistic, economically aggressive nations which effectively ARE empires, in as much as that they have or will have the heft to dominate and manipulate small counties. China, India, USA, a Brazil-dominated Mercosur, a middle East dominated by whoever wins the struggle between Iran and Saudi Arabia/UAE.

No individual country in Europe will have remotely the strength of any of those groups.

That's the fact that Verhofstadt is making and it's intellectually vacuous and mendacious to suggest he's banging the Imperial drum.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #4250 on September 16, 2019, 01:31:38 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Not Brexit related but probably Leave voted related, Daily Mail and the Times reported that the RNLI give money to countries abroad so a lot of Daily Mail readers are cancelling their donations. The amount that's given equates to 2% of the donations so in reality they're cancelling donations which 98% of which help Brits. What a world we live in where people would rather see humans drowned, wherever they're from.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #4251 on September 16, 2019, 01:55:23 pm by wing commander »
  Thing is people are starting to see these big charity's in different lights.When I was a kid you used to go see the lifeboats at the seaside,they were always after donations for a new boat or equipment and you watched tales of heroism on the telly..So people chuck in because it's something that effects them..Recently all we've seen of the RNLI in the media is many story's of men who have given years of volunteer service being sacked for having a boob cup in the canteen and similar ridiculous political correctness gone mad..

I believe similar feelings are surfacing with the public with big business Charity's like the RSPCA and Mcmillon Nurses and countless others...With social media these days people only want to talk about the bad things that happen rather than recognise the good they do.For instance a friend of mine posted a while ago on social media about Mcmillon cancer,who had failed her mum on 3 days in a week by failing to turn up as arranged to provide some basic care to her mum..She complained and a area manager came around to tell her that they were struggling with manpower and there was only so much resources available to fund..Who promptly got in his brand new series 5 bmw and drove off...People don't like that sort of thing,When they give a quid in a charity box they want it to go to what they think it's for not 34p of it...When they realise that they have ceo's on hundreds of thousands a year they become more reluctant...

Of course just on a side note,it wont just be Daily mail readers who have cancelled donations,this story has been carried on various media outlets..

« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 01:58:24 pm by wing commander »

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #4252 on September 16, 2019, 02:45:04 pm by idler »
I donate regularly to a few charities and always chip in to others. Some years ago one that I donated to monthly was Save the Children. I saw in the paper that TV presenter Sue Cook was being paid over £60,000 a year to be a part time face and fundraiser. That was the end of my monthly subscription to them.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #4253 on September 16, 2019, 03:36:20 pm by DonnyOsmond »
BBC News - Brexit: UK offers no solution to replace backstop, says EU
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49709430

We don't like this thing.
OK what do you want in place of this thing.
Something else.
Like?
Something else.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4254 on September 16, 2019, 03:39:23 pm by SydneyRover »
BBC News - Brexit: UK offers no solution to replace backstop, says EU
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49709430

We don't like this thing.
OK what do you want in place of this thing.
Something else.
Like?
Something else.

But can't we have something else instead? or at least something different, or at least an alternative but something at least so long as it's not the same.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #4255 on September 16, 2019, 04:07:38 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
They'll give the backstop a new name and pretend it's something different.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4256 on September 16, 2019, 04:15:02 pm by SydneyRover »
They'll give the backstop a new name and pretend it's something different.

what about berkstop? cos it's stopped the berk!

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4257 on September 16, 2019, 05:27:14 pm by IDM »
Maybe I’m being really simple here..

BJ is telling the EU he is prepared to leave on 31 Oct with no deal, and won’t accept an extension.  But the UK now has a law that he must ask for an extension of Brexit is not resolved with an agreement by 17/18 October..

Does that mean he is blatantly saying he IS prepared to break the law.?  Does he think the EU politicians and our own Parliament are stupid.?

When will this stupid idiot accept that no deal is not an option..?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4258 on September 16, 2019, 06:25:22 pm by Filo »

BJ is telling the EU he is prepared to leave on 31 Oct with no deal, and won’t accept an extension.  But the UK now has a law that he must ask for an extension of Brexit is not resolved with an agreement by 17/18 October..

Does that mean he is blatantly saying he IS prepared to break the law.?  Does he think the EU politicians and our own Parliament are stupid.?

When he’s in jail doing time for his advisor

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4259 on September 16, 2019, 08:24:01 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

He's upping the ante.

He KNOWS that he cannot legally leave with No Deal. He KNOWS that the law will stop him. But he wants then to be able to turn round to the Electorate's Brexit Death Cultists (35% of the population - enough to win an Election) and say that he wanted to give them what they wanted. He wants to heap the blame for his failure on Parliament and the Law.

At least I HOPE that's what it is.

Disgraceul as that would be, it's better than the alternative. That he actually IS going to ignore the law and tip us into THAT mother of all crises. Because that's how civil wars start.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012