Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:13:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 860315 times)

normal rules

• Forum Member
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #15840 on January 14, 2022, 02:23:37 pm by normal rules »
Vaccines and testing are like voting.
Don’t complain if you don’t take part.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 02:26:26 pm by normal rules »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #15841 on January 14, 2022, 03:11:59 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

Vaccines and testing are fine. So long as those who do not wish to take part are not discriminated against.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15842 on January 15, 2022, 08:09:45 am by SydneyRover »
What is going on with delta, it must still be out there, I haven't heard an explanation as yet?

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #15843 on January 15, 2022, 08:52:13 am by normal rules »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-60000391

More and more people dying with covid as opposed to of it.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #15844 on January 15, 2022, 09:02:10 am by drfchound »
NR, I expect someone will be along to discredit those figures, particularly since it is a bbc article.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #15845 on January 15, 2022, 09:06:52 am by DonnyOsmond »
Is that why the school insists on them checking the pupils if nobody takes it seriously?

Kids are supposed to test Sun / Weds every week since April and this has been deemed good enough. However, whenever they have gone back at our kids school after a break such as after Easter and after the summer holidays and after Christmas, they close the school for 3 days and invite kids in for testing.

Why can't kids just test at home on the sunday before school resumes after each holiday period if this has been deemed perfectly fine since April?

We don't test our child though.

I think your last sentence answers your own question....

How so?

"Why do schools have to test when they were testing at home?" "We don't test our child"

They test because kids don't test at home...?

Vaccines and testing are fine. So long as those who do not wish to take part are not discriminated against.

Vaccines, reduce chance of catching, spreading and needing hospitalisation, so those that don't get it are being selfish and keeping the pandemic around.

Also, are you genuinely saying people should have the choice whether they test or not and be able to go about their normal day?

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #15846 on January 15, 2022, 09:13:36 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
There is no requirement for kids to test. At home or at school. It is optional.

So for example, when the school became a test centre for three days this week meaning all lessons were shelved and kids couldn't return to school until Friday, there was still no obligation for my kid to go to school to be tested.

Kids who do take part in testing weekly  could have simply done what they have been doing since April and do a test at home before returning to school and report the result.

Meaning school never needed to be used as a testing centre for 3 days and effectively closed, because these tests could have been done at home for those wanting to test.

The school has opted for this because they get funded by the government. So it is all about the money rather than Covid, however, the headteacher will tell me otherwise I'm sure.

And yes. People have to learn to accept that testing is no longer needed and it is OK to unknowingly pass on the virus to others. Mainly because it is now less deadly than flu and nearly the whole population has had 107 jabs to help protect them from this now minor disease.

The pandemic is only being prolonged by other people's fears and a dodgy Government / Sage.

We are now in a psychological pandemic. Purely self made.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 09:19:38 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15847 on January 15, 2022, 09:32:18 am by SydneyRover »
Another more virulent variant may develop, vaccinations across the world will reduce the chances of this occurring.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15848 on January 15, 2022, 09:41:13 am by SydneyRover »

More and more people dying with covid as opposed to of it.

And the reason is explained well and as long as deaths are recorded in the same way there shouldn't be a problem.

''The daily death figure will be a tricky measure to follow in the coming weeks says Prof Sylvia Richardson, president of the Royal Statistical Society, since it can be so influenced by how many people have tested positive recently.

She thinks the number of deaths caused by coronavirus, based on death registrations, is the "best number to watch".

That requires patience. Deaths that happen this week may not be registered until next week, and not reported for another week or two after that. So they take longer to arrive.

But they will increasingly become our best picture of Covid's sad death toll''

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #15849 on January 15, 2022, 09:50:41 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Another more virulent variant may develop, vaccinations across the world will reduce the chances of this occurring.

All the indications thus far suggest that variants are becoming more transmissible but less virulent (dangerous), and this is with many countries not having had much vaccine coverage as it is.

South Africa did good with Omicron and most of their population aren't jabbed.

There is something called natural immunity which most people will have and which will help reduce variants just like vaccines will.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15850 on January 15, 2022, 10:42:03 am by SydneyRover »

All the indications thus far suggest that variants are becoming more transmissible but less virulent (dangerous), and this is with many countries not having had much vaccine coverage as it is.

South Africa did good with Omicron and most of their population aren't jabbed.

There is something called natural immunity which most people will have and which will help reduce variants just like vaccines will.

Yes, that is true at the moment. Here's hoping it doesn't change.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #15851 on January 15, 2022, 07:46:35 pm by Metalmicky »
82k cases and 287 deaths today..

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #15852 on January 15, 2022, 09:27:21 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

Allegedly

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #15853 on January 16, 2022, 08:02:27 am by Nudga »

Anybody remember me mentioning Midazolam a few months ago?
Why wasn't this story picked up at the time?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8514081/Number-prescriptions-drug-midazolam-doubled-height-pandemic.html?s=09
« Last Edit: January 16, 2022, 08:04:52 am by Nudga »

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #15854 on January 16, 2022, 04:13:31 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Really enjoyed reading the misinformation and deliberate coercive tactics in the media by another overpaid, clueless NHS slapper, Dr Nikki Kanani.

Regarding boosters for 16 year olds.

'Covid has caused disruption for so many families over the past two years......'

Err no. Illegal Government policy has done this.

'......affecting young people's lives and education'

Again, down to Government policy. Not the virus.

'....and getting vaccinated protects them....'

How? They don't get ill or die so explain how the vaccine protects? You won't. Nobody ever does.

'....their family and their friends'

How does it protect their family and friends? Their friends presumably are of a similar age and thus don't get affected by Covid. Their older family members will have been triple jabbed. That is protecting them so jabbing 16 year olds isn't really doing that.

'letting them stay at school and continue socializing'

Ah gee. Thanks for that. So kind.

They can stay in school. Governmental decision making stops them from going to school. Not Covid. They can continue to socialize anyway and don't need some overpaid NHS mouthpiece telling them they can't. Our kids can do what they like, when they like and with who they like when it comes to Covid and you Dr Nikki Kanani, can f**k right off.

'We know that the best protection against coronavirus is to get vaccinated....'

Another untruth. The vaccine is the best protection for a small number of elderly and vulnerable people, but for the vast majority of the population - they don't need one.

'i'd urge everyone, whatever your age to come forward and get that vital top-up as soon as possible'

Vital? Really? Yes, for a very small number of elderly and vulnerable people. Not vital for everyone else.

'We can learn to live with Covid if everyone comes forward for their vaccine and gets boosted now'

Not threatening in any way then?

I'll live with Covid thanks, with or without a vaccine and would encourage others to do the same.

I suggest you get back into seeing patients Dr Kanani instead of peddling bullshit in the MSM.

Off you trot.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #15855 on January 16, 2022, 08:22:41 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
The Sunday Times report that fully vaccinated travellers won't now have to take tests upon their return to the UK.

Meaning that fully jabbed travellers with Covid, but who won't know this, are now free to return and go about their business.

Meanwhile unvaccinated travellers will still have to take tests and thus make travelling safer for everyone.

Utterly mental.

If you are worried, make sure you are on a plane full of unvaccinated passengers.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #15856 on January 17, 2022, 07:17:26 am by Filo »

Probably because there is no requirement to take a PCR after a positive Lateral Flow anymore

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #15857 on January 17, 2022, 09:12:25 am by roversdude »
So a positive lateral flow followed by a positive PCR test counted double I guess. Also would all the positive hospital tests have been tested a few times over consecutive days

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #15858 on January 17, 2022, 09:47:26 am by Filo »
So a positive lateral flow followed by a positive PCR test counted double I guess. Also would all the positive hospital tests have been tested a few times over consecutive days

People will not bother reporting lateral flow tests now that you don’t have to do a PCR, they’ll just isolate until a negative lateral flow

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #15859 on January 17, 2022, 10:17:32 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Or just not test at all and get on with life. Which is called being normal.  :)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #15860 on January 17, 2022, 10:54:28 am by BillyStubbsTears »

No it didn't count double.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #15861 on January 17, 2022, 11:41:59 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Where's Kirk gone anyway? Nudga a bit quiet of late too. Ldr also. I feel a bit left out in the cold on here.  :cold: :cold:

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #15862 on January 17, 2022, 11:58:38 am by normal rules »
Where's Kirk gone anyway? Nudga a bit quiet of late too. Ldr also. I feel a bit left out in the cold on here.  :cold: :cold:

Find June Slater on Facebook. She is open to discussion and offers support with like minded people. You will get on great with her.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #15863 on January 17, 2022, 12:00:27 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
I don't use social media. Other than this site.

A very predictable and ignorant response though.

Anyone who doesn't agree with the narrative must have by default been watching nutjobs on the internet. That's about the size of it isn't it?

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #15864 on January 17, 2022, 12:04:32 pm by normal rules »
It was not intended as ignorant. She shares your views in the topic of covid and vaccines.
You could share ideas. Discuss. Solidarity and all that .

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #15865 on January 17, 2022, 01:29:53 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
It was not intended as ignorant. She shares your views in the topic of covid and vaccines.
You could share ideas. Discuss. Solidarity and all that .

Ah i see. Apologies for my incorrect assumption NR.

I don't seek solidarity, although it does make someone with minority views feel a bit more validated when there are others who also share those views. I'm not an anti vaxxer, anti masker or anything really, i just want people who choose not to go along with any of this for whatever reason to be able to go about their daily life free from restrictions and discrimination.

Obviously there are people out there who actively seek to disrupt and push their anti stance but myself, i just want to be left alone to make my own decisions and not be punished, victimised or restricted for it.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #15866 on January 17, 2022, 03:12:00 pm by Ldr »
Interesting 2nd line from an analyst pov

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #15867 on January 18, 2022, 08:43:10 am by normal rules »
With the news today that Morrisons have joined IKEA, Ocado and Next in cutting sick pay for those that are unvax and have to isolate, it got me thinking. Who is going to declare coming into contact with anyone with covid working for these companies knowing that they are going to be financially penalised.?
Surely this stance is going to encourage further non compliance and the risk that this entails.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #15868 on January 18, 2022, 08:49:51 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
With the news today that Morrisons have joined IKEA, Ocado and Next in cutting sick pay for those that are unvax and have to isolate, it got me thinking. Who is going to declare coming into contact with anyone with covid working for these companies knowing that they are going to be financially penalised.?
Surely this stance is going to encourage further non compliance and the risk that this entails.

I agree. These companies will have brought it on themselves if this is the case.

Some could argue that those who have made a free choice to not get a medical intervention that is still under licence for emergency use only have brought it on themselves by not taking the jab. However, these companies are clearly discriminating against people on the basis of their medical status and this cannot be legal.

Amazing how these companies weren't bothered about their employees passing flu around the past X amount of years, even though flu can keep staff of work too.

One rule for Covid. Another for flu.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15869 on January 18, 2022, 08:52:12 am by SydneyRover »
Have just listened to a clear description of how variants develop, hope I can pass it on clearly.

Variants do not develop from a previous variant ........... Alpha didn't beget Delta and so on.

Therefore there is no definitive predictable path of development for the next variant, it could be less damaging to humans ..... or not.

Endemic does not mean less danger in that the disease will not necessarily become less virulent.

Stay safe, get vaccinated and support worldwide vaccination programs.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012